Thread: Mammogram

Mammogram

Managed to have my mammogram done but feel really scared now. I know it doesn't change things but I feel sick with worry. Managed to take my first diazepam before I went (big achievement) and will stay on them until I get the results. Wish I hadn't gone really but it would have been on my mind and I have been in a dreadful state since I got the invitation letter. I just want to get on with my life and stop this awful worrying and negative thinking all the time. Thank goodness for this site, at least I know I'm not alone.

Re: Mammogram

Forgot to say, the radiographer was really rather unpleasant and obviously has absolutely no idea what it is to feel like we do. My husband was really angry with her but managed to bite his tongue!

Well done for going I hope you get your results back soon and that they're good news!

I'm so glad you went - the easiest thing would to have not gone and just like routine smears these mammograms are so important. Hopefully you'll have the results quickly and you can put this behind you. Although it depends on how quickly they process results in different areas my mum's results for her routine mammogram came through within a week of the test (it was all clear btw) and I'm hoping it'll be the same for you. Although I'm a fine one to preach try to distract yourself as much as possible - do anything that will occupy your mind - when I'm at my worst I find it really helps (going for a drive in the car is best for me as I have to concentrate but I can listen to music too) xxx

Thread Information