Thread: Losing it

Losing it

Hi,

Had to write as i am having a seriously bad morning and i suppose sharing it helps somewhat.

I really feel like i am losing the plot today. Overloaded with symptoms and i am at work struggling to keep it under control.

I am breathless, have chest and severe back pain, my mouth is like cotton wool, can't swallow, i am shaking, feel hot and my lips and chin feel numb. Feel like the my breath through my nose has menthol in it, it feels cold as it passes through. Cannot concentrate on anything. People are talking to me but i can't keep up coz i'm too busy thinking of my symptoms. Scared i'm going to lose it in front of all my colleagues.

I ahve the doctors tomorrow but this is no comfort to me at the moment. I am sure that my lungs have soem terrible disease and are about to pack up on me.

Any suggestions on how to get past this so i can at least get through the day?

Thanks

Vickixx

Hi Hun

So sorry hear your having a bad day you will get through this though, you have made a start in any case, by coming on here & saying how you feel & thats some of how you feel gone already really is'nt it.

Keep your chin up hun & keep as positive as poss.

Good luck with the docs tommorow let us know how it goes.

Thinking of you.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

hi vicki,

sorry to read your struggling so much. try and reassure yourself that you are ok, just very anxious and all these different issues and feelings are just symptoms of your anxiety. you take care .. andrew

Thanks Alex & andrew,

I just seemed to lose it for an hour or so there and it really frightened me.
    Just went outside and sat in the sun for while with a magazine to try and focus on something else and i have calmed down to a certain extent.

You're right alex, just posting about what was happening had the effect of bring my anxiety down a notch,

i'm not totally calm but better,
    Thanks guys
    Vicxx

Your welcome Vicki

Sometimes all we need is reassurance & that what Andrew & i have tried to do here.

You lucky devil re the sun shining with you. Where i am its really miserable & gone cold :(

Take Care hun

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

HPOE UR FEELING BETTR VICKY I FEEL LIKE CRAP AND HAVE SYMPTOMS LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE BUT IF PEOPLE KEEP REASURING ME THEN WHAT MORE CAN I ASK FOR UL GET THERE GIRL CHIN UP CHICKEN XX

I find if you feel like that, the first thing to try and do it untighten all the bits of you that you have unconciously tensed up.

Start with your face, let your jaw drop and your forehead relax, down to the shoulders next, just let them drop, then slump your body a little and lastly let go of your stomach muscles.

There, any better???

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Vicki, I've had severe back pain for a while now, the back & heart pains are my worst symptoms & the ones I really struggle with (mine is heart attack & lung cancer). I know what you mean about feeling like your nose has menthol in it, I tried to describe this yesterday & came up with it felt like the air was too clean & it felt like a sneeze was stuck. This was a sinus problem. I am at the doctors tonight. I've felt much better today which is typical when I have a doctors appointment lol!! You need to reverse the "people are talking to me but I can't keep up coz I'm too busy thinking of my symptoms". Concentrate more on the talk & less on the symptoms, busy your brain so you can't think these horrible thoughts, make them go away, tell yourself its just a stupid bloody anxiety attack & it can't harm me & i'm not going to let it take over my life any more. God, I feel better after that rant haha!!

Just come on here & you'll feel tons better. Good luck at the doctors.

Les, x

Thanks everyone for your replies

I went to the doctor this morning who is always so nice with me and ended up making me laugh and feel a lot better. She's great cause she never judges me or thinks i'm being silly, she totally understands me which makes me feel 100% better. When i tell her i'm sure i ahve lung cancer she doesn't think i'm nuts and checks me all over just to show all is well. (I wish i could send her to all of you!)

She's told me i need a full body massage to get rid of all the muscle tension which is causing all my back and chest pain so i'm off to do that next week. Hopefully that will ahve the effect of making me worry less as i will ahve less aches and pains to turn into life threatening illnesses!

Thanks for all your support guys, really needed it yesterday and it made me feel a great deal better.

Vickixx

Hi Vicki

So glad things went well at the doctors. Its great when you have an understanding one that you know you can get on with.

I saw my doc this morning, he ends up making me laugh too.

Keep Positive

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
    In & Out Of Your Life
    But Only True Friends
    Will Leave Footprints
    In Your Heart

Thread Information