Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: West kent; maidstone/tun wells/medway/sevenoaks/ashford/new romney/gravesend...

Re: West kent; maidstone/tun wells/medway/sevenoaks/ashford/new romney/gravesend...

I'll try and make it if I can, but won't know until the day before.

There are quite a few pubs near the train station in Gravesend, as it's close to the town centre. I've only really been to Wetherspoons (The Robert Pocock) before, so I'm not much help - it's usually pretty busy in there at the weekend.

Also, the FA Cup Quarter Finals are on that weekend, so may want to avoid pubs with TVs

Re: West kent; maidstone/tun wells/medway/sevenoaks/ashford/new romney/gravesend...

Hi everyone i wondered if anyone would like to make friends on facebook so we can get to know each other a bit before we meet up also we can see each others photo's so we know what we all look like as i dont want to end up sitting with a load of people who are not from no more panic

Thanks a lot emma, that's really helpful. Hopefully you can come, but if you can't no trouble at all, hope to see you next time

Sara, that's great! Maybe if the lady who has a pub can't come she can recommend somewhere, but even if she can't some of us can check the pub review sites on the net and find somewhere not too far from the station I'm sure (Alex is our usual pub guide, but I'm happy to do it myself)

Quote Originally Posted by sara1975 View Post
    Another thing how are we going to recognize each other? Maybe we should post a photo of are selves on to this thread? or all wear a red carnation???????
    In the past we've exchanged mobile numbers by PM, and the first person to arrive has texted the others to let them know where he or she is sitting, and it's worked out really well. If anyone wants to see my ugly mug in advance I'm happy to send a photo, but would rather not do it in public (I'm shy )!!

Quote Originally Posted by sara1975 View Post
    Hi everyone i wondered if anyone would like to make friends on facebook so we can get to know each other a bit before we meet up also we can see each others photo's so we know what we all look like as i dont want to end up sitting with a load of people who are not from no more panic
    Don't worry Sara, we'll all find each other, and make it certain in advance
    Last edited by eight days a week; 02-03-11 at 12:54.

And I should say, everyone else is most welcome to join our happy and relaxed group - please do!!

Hi everyone

Just to say that I am definitley coming to the meet up on the 12th. I had such a good experience meeting other panic sufferers at the first one and would like to meet the rest of the people on here that can come.

See you all soon
    Emma

Yup...I'm up for the 12th. Will need to be later afternoon for me as have my kids until four on a Saturday.

Let me know a venue and I'll be there.

Also, happy to sort out a facebook thing. Whatever is best for people.

Looking forward to it.

Alex

Been thinking of what pub we can meet in and i thought THE SOMERSET ARMS might be a good idea as i dont think it gets that busy in the day (well dont look busy when i have walked past) and its just up from the train station not to mention you do not need to walk through the busy town to get to it Here is a link with a photo, if you look to the right of the photo and to the back you can see the multi story car park and opposite that is the train station http://www.localdatasearch.com/grave..._arms-10545627

I know it sounds a bit of an odd time, but could we meet up at about four. I'm going for a meal that evening, so would at least be able to come along for a bit, if that's ok. I could probably stay for a couple of hours. Somerset arms sounds fine with me. If that time isn't good with people, then I'm happy to miss this one, but would really like to be there!

The venue: sara1975 many thanks for that pub suggestion I've looked up a few online reviews and it sounds fine - it sounds quite large which is good, and near the station's great, so is everyone happy with that? Of course we can change if someone has a strong preference, or knows somewhere even better.

The time: Alex - four is completely fine for me, how about everyone else? I can make it a bit earlier too.

Meeting up: It'd be good to think of how we're going to meet (I've already met Alex and Elw (Emma) and have their phone numbers). Did you guys ever do the facebook thing? I was also thinking we could put something on the table that people could look out for? Any ideas??

See everyone soon
    Last edited by eight days a week; 07-03-11 at 18:20.

well perhaps we could all wear the same colour top!

(or maybe then we would look a but funny!)

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information