Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Fuming

Re: Fuming

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Hi daisycake,

The thing to remember – and this goes for anything, not just medical tests – is that a person is entitled to ask for anything they like; however, they need to appreciate that the other person is entitled to say no.

So you ask away and don’t worry about it

Take care,
    Nigel
    Thank you I know my doctors are getting frustrated as my self esteem is pretty low and I'm good at hiding away until things get bad then I'll ask for help... As for the comments about self harm, drug use, alcoholism and that - don't these conditions often all present themselves together? I've got anxiety and I've self harmed too ... I think the best thing to do is when you see your doctor tell them your worries and let them deal with it - and if you still have problems getting them to listen, maybe seek a second opinion but I'd never walk in and "demand" things; I don't think my GP would be too thrilled

I'm away to ring mine in a moment because I've been throwing up all night and away to get a blood test tommorow so not sure if I am still meant to go
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

The point of this thread if Im not mistaken is about people telling others to DEMAND TESTS ..THEN subsequently going back to the Drs & do so .No one disputes the fact you need to have tests your Dr deems necessary .But when he doesnt think you need them .You have not got the right to demand them .Like a lot of these threads .People take the whole point out of context ,then we have pointless arguements that leave people distressed .This site and the original poster have always offered support to people with H/A .To say any differently is just untrue .This only adds to the upset and causes more work and frustration for the founder of this site and the Admins to sort out .As remarks like that will always add fuel to the fire ..Now wheres my fire extinguisher ????? Sue

Rous is offline Intermediate Member

It is the point Sue, and it is also a discussion on the state of the NHS and it's apparent lack of concern/budget.

I like what you said too Sue about people getting it out of context, some folk don't see the post for the 'word' sometimes and some never read beyond the first page before posting.

---

To all, reading this, read the whole thread before posting please, especially post #231!

I don't want to see folk get in trouble just because they haven't read the whole thing and saw the thread for what it really is, a discussion - not an attack!

---

On the Discussion (about NHS), I just got a letter today telling me my appt for next week at the hospital has been postponed till January, due to the department being closed that day. I have to wait another 2 months to sort the bleeding (not a swear word) problem in my colon that I have suffered with for years, I'm not happy to say the least. LOL

So as I said before they should fire the middle managers & make them porters!

I know I said I wasn't going to post again but wanted to thank everyone, especially those with HA who have posted here and have sent me kind PM's..you have no idea how much they are appreciated.

As I said previously and those that had actually read my posts will know, I am open to all points of view and people like Daisycake, Rennie and so many others whose names I can't remember..thanks for putting your point across, it is a pleasure to be enlightened by those in the know.

There are so many interesting posts that it's a shame if people just concentrate on a backlash and these good points get missed.

I have deliberately stayed away as things had got so heated and people weren't reading what I had subsequently posted..well maybe they were but chose to ignore what I said, I don't know.

I honestly didn't know what people wanted from me.

Anyway.. my main business in being on NMP is now that I'm more or less recovered is trying to lend a hand to those who haven't started to get better.

And that definitely IS my last post on this thread.

you would not believe how many pots of houmous I got through reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSky View Post
    you would not believe how many pots of houmous I got through reading this.
    Its going to be windy for you tomorrow then.

It is windy here today

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread Information