Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuming

Re: Fuming

I think it needed saying to be honest!

No-one is being rude to anyone else so this is actually a good debate for a change.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by debs180 View Post
    Everybody has a right to an opinion, but i feel this site which is meant for support and comfort to suffers of all kinds of anxiety was not the right place at all to post a "rant" of this kind.....i think it was pretty disrespectful. In the correct context and in the right place this would make a very good debate/argument. But again thats just my "opinion"!

Debs
    I totally agree, this is a pointless thread that was always going to upset some.

HA can be debilitating, and sadly a couple of trips to the docs and a few tests is needed to get over the phantom illnesses.

i agree an excellent debate..... not fair on those who are more fragile than others with their anxiety and expresssions on this subject and who may now feel they cannot say or express their concerns because they suffer health anxiety. I understand LB has every right just like anyone else to express their feelings with a good old rant/vent, but when its aimed at particular suffers eg health anxiety suffers, it could make them feel uncomfortable.....which is what i mean about this site being a network for support not to blame or bag of a certain type of anxiety sufferer...and just to blame them for costing the nhs money......

I don't think people with Ha 'want' to take these tests or take up a doctor's time. If they had a choice I'm sure they wouldn't. It's all part of the illness. Especially difficult in todays society where we are told to be aware of health and check for this and check for that.

I agree with Ladybird in that I can understand what she means. Sometimes you have to experience the 'real' in order to realise how fortunate you are.
    I found out a friend of ours, 32, with 2 children, has quite advanced breast cancer today. Very sad. However I know health anxiety is very real, but sometimes you just have to get it in context and if there is nothing is diagnosed wrong with you, then live whilst you have got your health instead of worrying. Says me who has been since checking my boobs for lumps most of today and now worrying

I genuinely did not want to upset any particular group of people here, I was upset when I posted but was trying to raise a singular issue about testing, not against everyone that has HA.

After hearing from other points of view I was hopeful that some kind of debate could be encouraged but then that has fallen flat as it often does.

Just for the record..I am also one of the people that feel fragile, I am at the moment. I have been accused of posting something "pointless" but it has a fair few replies. Surely better than just going round and round in circles getting nowhere.

ANY type of anxiety or phobia can be debilitating Jaco. You know that I wasn't talking about a couple trips to the doctor but instead you just make nasty little remarks.

I don't know why you feel the need to do this to me, perhaps you could save some of your snipey retorts for those who need them because I could really do without it.

I am beginning to doubt the impartiality here. I have seen threads go on for pages and pages, people being directly rude to each other. Even those that I have appeared to upset, and I do take on board their comments, have said it's a good debate.

But this isn't the first time you have targetted me and I suspect it won't be the last.

So, I hope that those I offended will try and understand it wasn't a personal attack..that's not my style.

Maybe in the subject matter there are the beginnings of something good, how those with HA can get the help they need from the GP or other agencies.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

LB, I think the majority agree with you here and everyone is entitled to their views anyway. I for one do NOT think it's a "pointless" thread. Lord, there are plenty of those on here at the moment.

No need to feel victimised. "Horses for courses" as some would say...

Never Surrender, Comrade

Nasty remarks?

Leave it out, how was I nasty ?

Awww maybe I should just agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    I totally agree, this is a pointless thread that was always going to upset some.

HA can be debilitating, and sadly a couple of trips to the docs and a few tests is needed to get over the phantom illnesses.
    I totally disagree - this is not a pointless thread - that's your opinion, not a fact. As Nicola said, I believe it needed saying.

I have health anxiety - it IS debilitating, but a couple of GP visits and tests does not cure it - it might make us feel better for a little while, but then there'll be something else to worry about.

Ladybird made some really good points and was not outright rude or aggressive, as I have sometimes seen members here be. Just because you believe this thread has no value, doesn't mean we all agree.

LB - well I thought it was a good thread and I don't see why we have to keep wrapping people up in cotton wool all the time just to please them!

NMP is about more than that but as usual it seems we have upset someone.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information