Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Test Result

Blood Test Result

Last week i was told my Vitamin B12 level was a bit low.

This week I had a repeat test and found out today that it remains low.

Wonder how low it would actually be if i didn't take my Vitamin B Complex & Multivitamins? And even though i take them it remains low.

Re: Blood Test Result

You really need to ask a health professional these sorts of things - we don't know any better than you do.

How longs a bit of string ?Seriously Eggy If the levels were something to be concerned about you will have to have injections .I would advise you to continue with the vits and maybe up your intake of b12 enriched foods . t/c Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    How longs a bit of string ?Seriously Eggy If the levels were something to be concerned about you will have to have injections .I would advise you to continue with the vits and maybe up your intake of b12 enriched foods . t/c Sue x
    My GP has just rang me, As you know a couple of weeks ago I was referred to a Gastroentrologist, My GP has today sent another letter to the Gastroentrologist saying I need to be seen asap which is quite worrying, She said the Gastro might tell them to give me an injection before I see them.

Some one else on here has had to have B12 injections .Its really nothing to worry about .Its good you are getting your appointment pushed through .I expect the Dr is just being cautious tho . Did you mention the blood you had today ? sue

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    Some one else on here has had to have B12 injections .Its really nothing to worry about .Its good you are getting your appointment pushed through .I expect the Dr is just being cautious tho . Did you mention the blood you had today ? sue
    The B12 Injections don't worry me at all, If I need them I will have them without question but i might not need them yet.

Just weird how my GP has demanded they see me a.s.a.p now instead of waiting but i'm not complaining.

Probably to shut you up Eggy

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I think it's the effect Eggy has on people

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi can I ask if you were told you were anemic? My reason for asking that after various blood test I specifically asked the last doc I saw if my B readings were ok. He simply said that they don't check for that and if the B's were low it would show anemia? Wonder if he was just fobbing me off ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    Hi can I ask if you were told you were anemic? My reason for asking that after various blood test I specifically asked the last doc I saw if my B readings were ok. He simply said that they don't check for that and if the B's were low it would show anemia? Wonder if he was just fobbing me off ?
    Ive always wondered if my B12 levels had ever been tested.I think your doc is right according to this that i found on bupa.

Anaemia is when there are too few red blood cells or not enough haemoglobin in the blood. Vitamin B12-deficiency anaemia is a type of anaemia caused when there isn't enough vitamin B12 in the body.

So a blood count would give an indication that you had a deficiency.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information