Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood Test Result

Re: Blood Test Result

you could help youself by eating a healthier diet eggy, youve already said you eat junk food. This will effect your well being in general too.

Maybe but i've never been one to eat lots of healthy stuff, I don't like fruit for starters.

It's one of the reasons i started taking vitamins a month ago but even though i have done that my B12 is still low, In my opinion my B12 should have been checked 3 months ago when i started having blood tests done, They only checked it the first time 2 weeks ago.

Do you eat any veg? you can put stuff like spinach into a curry, and get some vits that way. How about broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, do you eat any of those? If youre not keen on the taste, try adding them to other stuff to hide the tastes maybe

I've got no problem eating broccoli, tomatoes, cabbage, lettuce, cauliflower, sweetcorn, carrots etc etc it's just fruit i can't stand.

oh thats good then, never mind the fruit so much. (have you tried those little Innocent Smoothies though, they taste quite nice).

Load yourself up with all the green veg then Eggy, and you will help with the vit problem. Liver is one of the richest sources of iron, if you can eat that, (I cant, makes me feel sick). Liver is really cheap, and if you have it with a bit of mash, and cabbage, youve got a cheap meal thats packed with iron and other vits

Right I just googled Vit Bs and this is what it said-
    Vitamin Bs boost the immune system, aids mental clarity and brain function. They help the nervous system, aid digestion, and have cancer-fighting properties.

Vit Bs rich food - Liver, beef, tuna, oats (porridge), turkey, brazil nuts, bananas, potatos.
    All leafy green veg are rich in iron

If you have any kind of stomach or digestion problems it can affect the absorbance of B12. They probably havent done this test until now because it takes time for B12 levels to drop. I'm having blood tests done on tuesday and notice they're also testing for B12 which as far as I know they've never done before.

Anna x

Quote Originally Posted by Going home View Post
    If you have any kind of stomach or digestion problems it can affect the absorbance of B12. They probably havent done this test until now because it takes time for B12 levels to drop. I'm having blood tests done on tuesday and notice they're also testing for B12 which as far as I know they've never done before.

Anna x
    Yeah, Because of the B12 results and the fact it has been low in both tests in the last 2 weeks this is the reason my GP has pushed for me to been seen a.s.a.p by the Gastroentrologist.

As a student nurse I have given VitB12 injections, and if you require them they are not everyday, like severe diabetes need with insulin, but I think once every three months. In the mean time, keep up with the Vit supliments and maybe eat more food with VitB12 like green veg?

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie1989 View Post
    As a student nurse I have given VitB12 injections, and if you require them they are not everyday, like severe diabetes need with insulin, but I think once every three months. In the mean time, keep up with the Vit supliments and maybe eat more food with VitB12 like green veg?
    I already eat green veg and take vitamins so my body is doing something and not absorbing B12 properly for whatever reason.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information