Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my appointment for the ENT

Got my appointment for the ENT

Got a letter yesterday saying that my appointment is in late December, Bit frustrating that it's so far away but nothing i can do about it, I suppose there's a chance of a possible cancellation? I'm sure you can put your name down incase there's a cancellation can't you?

I presume i will have a Nasendoscopy when attending this appointment? I've read it only takes 1-2 minutes.

Re: Got my appointment for the ENT

hmm 1 to 2 minutes for the whole appointment? you may just be meeting with the doctor.
    although that wouldn't make sense unless .......your going to be sedated for the procedure?

seriously thats not long at all to wait!
    my friend who's been having bad tummy pains for the last month , has seen a few doctors is still waiting to get an appointment for that camera thing to look at her stomach.
    so your pretty lucky it's in December! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mishel View Post
    hmm 1 to 2 minutes for the whole appointment? you may just be meeting with the doctor.
    although that wouldn't make sense unless .......your going to be sedated for the procedure?

seriously thats not long at all to wait!
    my friend who's been having bad tummy pains for the last month , has seen a few doctors is still waiting to get an appointment for that camera thing to look at her stomach.
    so your pretty lucky it's in December! :-)
    A Nasendoscopy is the camera that goes up the nose and down your throat and takes 1-2 minutes and requires no sedatives, Your thinking of an Endoscopy that goes down your Esophagus and into your Stomach.

Also your friend would be seeing a Gastroentrologist for stomach problems not an ENT as i have stomach problems too and i am seeing a Gastroentrologist as well as a ENT.

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

I don't think any particular test is a given when you go to ENT. The dr will decide that based on your symptoms.

December isn't that far off now. You might be able to get a cancellation, but I suspect that would involve you ringing at the beginning of each week to ask if anyone has cancelled for that week. Hospitals don't tend to have lists of patients to contact if there is a cancellation, as they have too much to do already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    I don't think any particular test is a given when you go to ENT. The dr will decide that based on your symptoms.

December isn't that far off now. You might be able to get a cancellation, but I suspect that would involve you ringing at the beginning of each week to ask if anyone has cancelled for that week. Hospitals don't tend to have lists of patients to contact if there is a cancellation, as they have too much to do already.
    It's near the end of December though

As i am having throat pains and difficulty swallowing i think there's a very good chance of a Nasendoscopy being done especially as it only takes a minute or so to do.

Well its only about 7 or 8 weeks away which is good for the nhs appointments, or if you can afford to go private maybe this would be quicker?

Anna x

good luck with your appointment eggy

Quote Originally Posted by Going home View Post
    Well its only about 7 or 8 weeks away which is good for the nhs appointments, or if you can afford to go private maybe this would be quicker?

Anna x
    Yeah it's just over 7 weeks, I was referred on Tuesday and got the letter with the appointment yesterday.

when i had an initial consulatation with the ent for sinus - i had a little tiny tube with a light on the end shoved up my nostrils plus my ears looked at but nothing painful at all and yes - it took less than a minute x

Quote Originally Posted by joannap View Post
    when i had an initial consulatation with the ent for sinus - i had a little tiny tube with a light on the end shoved up my nostrils plus my ears looked at but nothing painful at all and yes - it took less than a minute x
    Yep, I've seen a video on Youtube of it being done doesn't seem bad at all and is very quick, They will look at my throat too with me having throat problems but i'm looking forward to these things being done because it will rule things out..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information