Thread: Heart question

Heart question

I am interested to know if anyone has had this 24h test and had the same feeling faint and spaced out symptoms as me? If so has anyone been found to have anything wrong? I know it's quite obvious but this site doesn't seem to have many answers or success stories? Is that bas when someone finds a cure they don't come on anymore? Is there a section with this or actual medical checks that can be done?

Re: Heart question

Hi Abbo, well alot of members do have these 24hr holter monitor tests and are told mostly that there is nothing organically wrong with our hearts, which means that other irritants or stresses are causing the symptoms. If its that you are suffering from palpitations/missed beats/flutters then it can make you feel faint or dizzy and anxiety about it adds to this.

I think you'll find too, that there are quite a few success stories on the forum, some people do say goodbye and move on when they recover but many more stay on to help others..

Anna xx

Quote Originally Posted by Going home View Post
    Hi Abbo, well alot of members do have these 24hr holter monitor tests and are told mostly that there is nothing organically wrong with our hearts, which means that other irritants or stresses are causing the symptoms. If its that you are suffering from palpitations/missed beats/flutters then it can make you feel faint or dizzy and anxiety about it adds to this.

I think you'll find too, that there are quite a few success stories on the forum, some people do say goodbye and move on when they recover but many more stay on to help others..

Anna xx
    That's good, maybe I haven't seen them yet,
    Are there any stories of people not actually being an anxiety sufferer after all and there was something medical wrong?

Yes I believe there have been a few, but not many. The thing is that you can have an actual illness and still have anxiety about it so people do still find reassurence on the forum. But I would say that most of us have had all the test done and some of us over many years, and have only ever been told its a benign condition. The problem is though, that even with something benign such as missed beats, it might not be a true problem of the heart but its very uncomfortable and very scary and often with the help of other people on here who have the same, we manage to uncover the reasons for it between us.

Anna xx

i have had many tests done and all normal but still feel as bad as ever. I did have a gap of 3 years wherre anxiety practically vanished but then returned last year even worse

the strange thing is when u recover from anxiety it does not even enter your head anymore... i have recovered a few times and it happens gradually and you do just kind of forget about it. i think ppl only use this site when they r ill or needing reassurance . sometimes you dont want to come on here when u are recovering as you could get sucked back in reading some of the stuff. although there are some ppl who do stay on to try and help others. when we r well its very difficult to remember how it felt or even that it existed!

Thread Information