Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Blood Cell advice

White Blood Cell advice

Hello,

I have a low white blood cell count, can this be attributed to stress and anxiety? It has got me really worried.

I haven't asked my doctor yet.

Thanks

Matt

Re: White Blood Cell advice

Can anyone help?

Anxiety, stress and depression can result in high white blood cell count not low white blood cell count

That link is neither helpful or warranted . sue

Matt .low white cell count can be caused by a lot of things .Drugs .infection ,B12 deficency .Zinc copper deficiency .and somtimes stress .You can also get it from a hormone imbalance .Your Dr will or should test you again as it often gets better without treatment .Try taking a vit supplement and .Spk to your Dr if you are unduly concerned ..he will and can do further tests if he thinks its down to anything neeeding treatment .This time of the year there are a lot of viruses ,they dont always present symptoms .you can be a host and just pass them on ..T/C sue x

Thanks Sue,

I really appreciate your response and my blood test results are due in 5 days.

With regards to spammer Raj, what a wierd place to spam!!!

Matt

Your welcome Matt .Hope your tests come back ok . Regarding the spammers .they are a pain in the butt but post anywhere they can .Hawkeye here !!!has me evil eye on em tho ..Take care matt .Sue

Quote Originally Posted by RajaNoman View Post
    Anxiety, stress and depression can result in high white blood cell count not low white blood cell count
    That's incorrect. Anxiety, stress and depression cause LOW WBC count. It supresses the immune system.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Hi Matt
    I have the same problem with low WBC and plateletts. The doc mentioned it to me about 4 years ago and said he was not overly concerned as it may just be normal for me! I have been re-tested every year since and still they remain low. During a routine visit the doc suggested I have a blood screening because my ceel are still consistently low. The screening came back showing the same thing which leaves me thinking what was the point of the screening if not to give them an answer for being low in the first place? My doc has now said that I may be more prone to infection as a result and has suggested I go for a blood test for vitamin deficiency. I am deficient in Vit d and occassionally Iron so am hoping it may be something as simple as that. To be honest I'm scared witless but figure they have been low so long surely I would be seriously I'll by now if it had been something more sinister. Any advice or reasurance anyone can give would be appreciated! and Matt - do you eat meat??

I have also began getting severe ectopics and rapid heart beat-do you think this could be connected?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information