Thread: sertraline, week 5

sertraline, week 5

Hi

I have been taking sertraline for 5 weeks now, after initial horrible side effects i started to feel better after about 3 weeks untill 2 days ago I seem to have developed the anxious feeling again where I am shaking all day, is it normal to have a blip, advice please x

Re: sertraline, week 5

its just a blip I reckon. I felt better after 2 weeks but had a blip at 4 weeks. Discussed with my GP who reassured me that it can take a good 8 weeks to feel the real benefits.

Hope that helpsx

Thankyou that does help, how long have you been on your meds now and how do you feel x

Hi there, i have been on the sertraline for 6 weeks now, although i feel better than i did i still dont feel right and am struggling to accept the anxiety. Everyday i wake and think i dont feel right again, i feel lightheaded and shakey and have a constant fear that im going to pass out, does anyone else feel crap all the time like almost everyday. Would also like to hear other peoples experiences of sertraline and how long it can take to work, thanks x

somebody please x

Hi Sammylou,

This is my third week on Sertraline (50mg); I've had ups and downs. Today was really bad...have been a bit tearful at times, as pathetic as that may sound. I'm a teacher so any sign of weakness would be a bad thing. Finding it quite hard to stay on top of things. Other days have been great, though.

I have not had any shaking or feeling like I'm going to pass out or anything like that, just unpredictability in terms of my emotions...

Hi Springsteen, you are very lucky i had really bad side effects for about 3 and a half weeks the shaking and dizziness was horrible, what mg are you on. Im having a bad time at work at the minute too so thats not helping my recovery.

Been on Sertraline for 5 months now. Had really bad side effects for about 3 weeks and an awful lot of blips. Still get anxious in a stressful situation but I am much more stable now. However, when I am tired I get shaky and I think this may be a side effect.

I am on 50mg which I think is quite a low dose. Stick with them. They will start to work.

i am about 12 weeks in , feel so much better and so glad i persevered.

i have to eat little and often which helps the shakes. I have the odd wobble but there is a lot of stress in my life so its hard to judge really.

but i can go out and do stuff so that has to be betterxxxx

Thread Information