Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24hrs heart results back....:(

24hrs heart results back....:(

Hi everyone, i have just got back from my drs and he says that the 24hr heart test has picked up irregular beats!!!! He says all my bloods are fine so he dont know why this happens. He says people i their 60s get is and it is common but not at my age :( He has reffered me to a cardiologist so they can be sure nothing is causing it. Im so upset. Has anyone else been told this? xxx

Re: 24hrs heart results back....:(

Thats sounds a bit mad to be honest Carli, since most doctors do the 24hr monitor because of the irregular beats just to find out why they're happening. I'm assuming you went to the doctor in the first place because you were having ectopics or flutters? If so then you already knew you were having irregular beats. He's now sending you to a cardio because this is the normal next step for a GP and doesn't mean he thinks you have something wrong with your heart. I'm not sure why your doctor said it such a way that makes it sound so unusual and scared you, since alot of us get these irregular beats, alot of young people too. Ive had them off and on for years. Try not to worry too much, if your doctor thought there was a real problem with your heart he'd ask you to go to hospital straight away.

Anna xx

i had this so your ok x x 4 years later and I'm still here!!
    I had to have a heart scan/Eco thingy and it was ok.
    theres nothing to be afraid of honestly.
    I'm having another 25 Heart monitor done because my heart rates too fast and having another heart eco too.
    I'm sure it's my anxiety that affects my heart.

Thankyou Anna.....Mishel did ur 24hr monitor pick up the missed beats? I dont know y he sent me for the test, i think he thought it would come back normal and i was just worrying to much. I am so annoyed with the dr.......i have to wait till the 30th of dec for myt apt!! xx

Try not to worry Carli, it's probably nothing! Everyone gets irregular beats from time to time. December 30th isn't too bad actually, I was referred to a cardiologist in August and got my appointment in the post last month for May!!! Bloody ridiculous! But saying that I've seen one before and was given the all clear so he's probably just like 'Oh the hypochondriac again, I'll put her 2 the bottom of my list' But please don't worry, and let us all know how u get on. x

Thanks ella jayne, hove u had the 24hr test? x

Yeah I had it done last December, that along with an Echocardiogram. They both came back normal. The cardiologist didn't go into much detail as to what was on the holter, just said at some points of the day my heart rate went up to 160, but that was because I was exercising so all normal.

He gave me beta blockers for my ectopic beats as I said I got anxious when I get them, but took me off them a few weeks later as they were giving me headaches. I still get flutters and ectopics now but can manage them a lot better.

I was REALLY worried before I seen my cardiologist and it was all for nothing. You'll be fine. Try not to stress over it, it'll all be okay. I had an ECG come back with irregular beats once when I just turned 21, caused me complete and utter panic, but that turned out to be nothing aswell. You'll be okay Carli x

Thankyou ella jayne xx

Quote Originally Posted by Ella_Jayne View Post
    Yeah I had it done last December, that along with an Echocardiogram. They both came back normal. The cardiologist didn't go into much detail as to what was on the holter, just said at some points of the day my heart rate went up to 160, but that was because I was exercising so all normal.

He gave me beta blockers for my ectopic beats as I said I got anxious when I get them, but took me off them a few weeks later as they were giving me headaches. I still get flutters and ectopics now but can manage them a lot better.

I was REALLY worried before I seen my cardiologist and it was all for nothing. You'll be fine. Try not to stress over it, it'll all be okay. I had an ECG come back with irregular beats once when I just turned 21, caused me complete and utter panic, but that turned out to be nothing aswell. You'll be okay Carli x
    Hi i was just re-reading this, the dr says the my heart was 56 at times and 46 at other times? x

Has anyone else had drs confirm eptopics by 24hr heart monitor? xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information