Thread: St johns wort

St johns wort

Hi all, I have been and got some st johns wort as I have heard it may help for my feeling spaced out.
    Can anyone tell me from experience when is the best time to take it and is 300mg the right dose?
    Also any good stories etc?

Re: St johns wort

Hi Abbo, St Johns Wort is a good herbal remedy for mild depression and anxiety. Unfortunatley even though I felt better it didn't take all of the symptoms away so I went to the doctors for help. Mine were 300mg and they took about 3 weeks to get into my system so the sooner you take them the better. I'm not sure if they help with feeling spaced out, but I guess it's worth a go. Good luck..

Thanks, is it best to take them in the morning or before u go bed?

Hi... word of warning about taking St Johns Wort.

Apparently it should NOT be taken if you are on any other medication as the combination of the two can reduce the effectiveness of prescribed and over the counter medications by upto 50%.

Most at risk and who should avoid St Johns Wort are those taking antidepressants, birth control pills, heart medications, antibiotics, sedatives etc etc.

As long as you aren't taking anything else though they are supposed to be very good. My friend took them rather than hrt when she was menopausal and her moods were all over the palce ...

I can't take SJW as I'm on high blood pressure tablets so my doc said NO NO NO !!

Hi Abbo,
    Dizz is correct u should never take SJW if u r already taking other medication.. If u r pls go to your doctors and get advice.. I took one a day in the morning, but I wasn't on any other medication at the time.

Yes you're right about SJW. I would try Filisa instead -- you can take that along with other medication.

Thread Information