Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acid reflux can cause lump in throat

Acid reflux can cause lump in throat

I learned this by googling

apparently 40% of people who get heart burn and acid reflux experience the lump in throat sensation.

I woke up this morning with the worst acid, I could feel it burning my throat, talk about pain! been a long while since I had it that bad.
    every time I burped, I would get burning, pain and a squeezing sensation in my chest.
    an hour later I had the lump in my throat sensation pretty bad, I drank milk to help protect my throat from the acid.

anyways the sensation has eased off, Now I'm also wondering if it's the heart burn that causes the squeezing sensation in my chest.

Re: Acid reflux can cause lump in throat

I have quite a scary sensation where it feels as if my wind pipe is tightening up (its as if someone is squeezing their fist tightly around it) it can last anything from a 2 to 15 seconds. Its pretty scary and I was convinced it was serious. I had this for several years before I consulted my GP about it earlier this year. He explained it was caused by acid reflux, which makes sense as I do suffer with heartburn and indigestion quite frequently. I would never have associated this symptom with acid reflux so it just goes to prove that sometimes our worrying is needless. All the same, new or recurring symptoms should be reported to a GP. I also get where it feels as if my food is stuck in no mans land, somewhere between my throat and upper abdomen. It just wont budge and I burp (loudly) all the time.

I've been getting stuff like this lately too :( - my doctor has suggested I try upping my daily omeprazole to two a day for a week or two and seeing how that goes.

hi i get reflux, constant non-stop burping, noises from chest, throat, stomach does anyone get a feeling every so often (like three times a week) were they cant inhale or exhale any air for a few seconds.? :\ its really scary because i can not breathe.
    i also get weird sensations in my throat a lot. this thread has helped a bit knowing it cold be acid. I also sometimes burp up a lot of vomit and feel nauseas and get stomach up sets. I also get weird feeling in my throat, like right now i feel like i have snot stuck in it (i have had sinusitis)
    Like you, im worried aswell(im conviced im going to not be able to breahte if it keeps happening)

Hi that sound just the same as me. I never suffered from acid before i went on my meds a few months back, wondering if thats where it has started from.

my adic startd after i took anti biotics x

did it ? I am starting to wonder if the cons outweigh the pros on these tablets.

it did yes :( wish i had never took them as i never had anything wrong with me anyway :(
    do you get this "feeling every so often (like three times a week) were they cant inhale or exhale any air for a few seconds.? :\ its really scary because i can not breathe."
    i actually cant breathe when it happens.

acid started yesterday after taking sertraline tablet i was up all nite with chest pains and lump in throat have taken pantoprazolo but now too scared to take sertraline my doctor said it was very common to have acid after taking some drugs oh hell cant win

Does the lump feeling go away been taking PPI's x2 daily and sertraline for 5 weeks
    Will it go away??!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information