Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acid reflux can cause lump in throat

Re: Acid reflux can cause lump in throat

I'm having throat issues at the moment putting off eating as I think food is gonna get stuck making me really anx and sad. X feel like I need to take big gulps of air so worried rite now I have acid reflux wonder if that is adding to my issues

Does Sertraline cause acid problems to get worse? I got acid problems about a year before I started taking Sertraline. Weirdly I don't get heartburn pain in my chest and I've had a gastroscopy and they found nothing. But the reflux seems to have got worse over time.

I sometimes wake up with burning pain in my throat. I feel sometimes like I can't swallow. I feel like I can't stop the stuff from rising up my throat and I panic. I have to physically grip something like a table out of fear. I don't know why, I just do that. I feel like there is a lump in my throat at the moment and feel like it is trying to turn itself inside out as I breathe and push the acid and food back up and the nausea is terrible. I am emetophobic as well so fear what will happen if I can't swallow it back down.

One GP did mention trying to come off the Sertraline to see if that's causing it but I feel like I can't cope with coming off the ADs.

I take Pantoprazole twice a day and avoid all the common trigger foods. Also on Sertraline (was 100mg, doctor just raised it to 200mg), mebeverine for IBS and microgynon (the pill, which I started taking only a few weeks ago).

Anyone got any advice/experience? Thanks.

Hi!
    it actually can cause a lump in the throat especially if your regurgitating food and fluids trust me I've lived with the fear of choking for three years and it hasn't killed me yet lol,
    it could also be causing a bit of anxiety which can lead to the lump feeling,
    go to the doctors if your medicine isn't working and stay strong you'll be alright

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information