Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Throw myself off a mountain for my 40th

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Throw myself off a mountain for my 40th

Well, Im hoping someone will talk me out of it obviously!
    My neighbour does tandem paragliding, he goes up the local mountains by my house when the weather is good, but windy.

Hes called Mark Harris, its Red Dragon Paragliding...Ive checked out his you tube video, talked to him etc. Im 13 and half stone, so Ive got to loose half a stone before end of January......

I cant stop thinking about doing it..like a red button that says "DONT PRESS" and all I want to do is press it to see what happens!

Now, obviously with panic and anxiety, if I DO it, off a mountain thats 1000ft...well, I can do anything!

Dont like the thought of signing the disclaimer.."in the event of death or injury..."...but I cant sit in this chair for the rest of my life...just imagine if I did it! dont think anyone thinks I can from my family, I feel like doing it just to show them..or myself...I dont know.

Right, Im relying on my sensible friends to tell my this is a terrible idea, and to spend £200 in a Lush shop instead....come on.

Re: Throw myself off a mountain for my 40th

Go for it girl the joy will last longer than the lush bath stuff
    When i was going through a bad time and a messy divorce i did so many things that tested my fear and i am so glad i did them I can look back and think yesssssssssssss yessssssssssssssssssss yesssssssssssssssssss I can and i will attempt something new and suceed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Margaret, you are supposed to talk me OUT of it!! Hahahaha....thanks love. You struggle like me, so you know where Im coming from I know. OOOHHHH I wish I could get it out of my mind...there must be something else I can do instead.....cant believe Im gonna be 40, I was 17 a minute ago! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol paula I wouldn't dare do anything like that but I'm scared of heights so you woudnt even get me up the mountain your right tho if you can do this you can do anything.good luck in whatever you decide to do.

I think this is a brilliant idea,go for it. you could raise money while you do it for a charity you support to give you that little incentive, & after go and spend £200 in lush. btw i wouldnt take my own advice xx

Ohh Sammi, thanks love. Im petrified of heights..in fact..Im petrified of just being outside!
    (I didnt make swimming with my grand-daughter, my vertigo bad, and period due...feel such a let down)..told my daughter Id go next week instead.....gotta keep trying.
    Hope you are ok today, and your family.x
    Someone please tell me this is a terrible idea?? Hubby just laughed at me..."Yeah right..YOURE gonna jump off a mountain?!..made me a little bit mad to be honest! hhhmmm....still thinking about it xx

Your trying that's the main thing swimming yesterday really relaxed me.

You can do the mountain thing paula, I believe if you really want to do it you will. You may even enjoy it and want to do it again

Sparkles..the charity thing seems like a great idea, I didnt even think of that. Maybe I could raise some money for NMP?
    Sammi, thanks for having faith in me.x
    My worst fear is, not the mountain...aahhh....its saying I will do it, then bottling out, and letting everyone down. Have to think about it seriously, how to just....do it.
    If I DO it, I will get hubby to video it, and put it on you tube, so you can all have a look! Imagine that..........aaahhhh x

Sorry forgot to say your not a let down I'm sure your daughter will understand x

Paula, if you did it naked, it would take your mind off the height

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information