Thread: left hand feels like its closing up!

left hand feels like its closing up!

i can hold it open and it will stay there, but the moment i loosen it and make it go like floppy, it starts to clamp up, feels like i cant open my hand up properly, i can but it feels like its REAL effort! What is this? I was just watching X fac and then is started happening randomly! Im seeing a Neuro soon for this problem, as i usually get it in my whole right arm, but this sort of heavy weakness/numbness is now in my left hand? Its so strange, im so worried! Also, ive been noticing when i carry my son (who has just turned 2) he feels so much heavier, or like its a huge effort to hold him, and ive never had this problem.. i keep thinking ive got some sort of degenerative disease like MND.. like muscle wasting or muscle weakness. Ive also got funny vision and everything keeps going in slow motion when i focus on it. My head feels really heavy too. Help :(

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

Re: left hand feels like its closing up!

I've been getting the hand thing (left) too recently - I think it's some kind of RSI-type thing, probably from using my lap-top in a funny position. It's amazing the way doing something in a bad position can cause all kinds of numbness & strain-type injuries without realising you are doing it - then you get the symptoms and think oh god, what is it? We all do it!

Don't forget your son is getting heavier and at two it's going to be more of a strain to carry him than it was, he's becoming a little boy.

I would think the sight problems and heavy head are probably down to anxiety - try to relax a little (hard I'm sure with a two year old), but I bet it's all just down to being a busy mum!

Take care xx

Re: left hand feels like its closing up!

I keep getting like a weakness spasm in my left hand and put it down to stress/anxiety. Remember that when we focus on the problem our mind may fool us into thinking and feeling things!

Thread Information