Hello
I was just wondering if anyone from here had paid for a BUPA health check or gone to see a private GP? the thought of a whole hour to discuss my many health concerns (I know most of them are just niggly little things, like psoriasis on my head,) sounds great to me, but then would it just be another waste of money?

It's not that I expect them to diagnose something other than the NHs has, but rather that all my symptoms and worries could be discussed, rather than coming out of NHs and thinking 'bugger, I forgot to ask about that'.
I had a baby four months ago, and have a few queries about some 'side effects' of that (umbilical hernia) and other things.

Also, does anyone have private health insurance? Has it helped you feel better do you think? I feel guilty going to see my GP too often and having blood tests etc as it is really a waste of NHS resources.

so, in essence; have you had a private GP consultation or BUPA check (or similar) and did it make you fel more reassured than your normal GP?

Do you have private health insurance and does this help you feel better/give good treatment?

many thanks!