Thread: Pinched Nerve/Neck-Back problems

Pinched Nerve/Neck-Back problems

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I have posted here - I am really trying to get a handle on my anxiety level, but health anxiety seems to be a sticking point for me.

About 3 weeks ago, I started having pain in my right shoulder and down my arm and it hurt to turn my head. I dealt with it for about a week and then started going to a chiropractor. He said it was a disc in my neck that was irritated and since then, I have been going to him for treatments.

I was starting to feel better and on Saturday, I had no noticeable symptoms at all. Yesterday; however, they came back with a vengeance and now I have pain in a different area of my upper back and more arm pain along with a slight numbing of the very tip of my index finger.

I am worried about this, as I was seemingly getting better.

I just want to cry. It has been so hard for me because my dr. said I need to change my sleeping position (which I have done, reluctantly) in order to keep my neck fron getting worse. I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in awhile. The arm pain is the worst and I'm afraid that my finger will be permanently funny feeling.

Moreso than that, I am worried that I might need surgery.

Re: Pinched Nerve/Neck-Back problems

I have to sympathise as I am having the same problem at the moment with my neck on the left. It hurts to turn it, I can hardly move it and it's sending pain into the top of my head and my eye went weird earlier prompting me to worry of course!

I think it highly unlikely you'd need anything more than another trip to the chiropractor. I had no end if problems when I first went, I didn't think I had anything right with my back! But he did fix everything. Trouble is it is so east to put it out again. Make another appointment, I'm sure you'll be fine in time.

Thread Information