Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CH4 TV SHOW

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has written to me or that i've spoken to.

Just one more thing. If there are any other gentlemen out there who suffer from this and want some help please do get in touch. I am getting very close to my deadlines on this and i want to make sure i speak to as many men as possible.

I seem to get a lot more responses from women and I just want to make sure that given this opportunity to let the public know more about agoraphobia and panic attacks/anxiety that i also show that it affects men.

thanks again everyone - you're all amazing

zx

I applied as I would love to be treated by Paul Salkovskis. I had several chats with Zoe and found her really easy to talk to. I have had to send her photos of myself and my family and our house and last night she spoke at length to my partner about our relationship and how the anxiety affects us.
    I just have to wait and see what happens next but fingers crossed.

Spice

Hi everyone,

I’ve just seen the debate about our programme on the forum – which I think is great. It’s good to have feedback, and really helpful to know what the concerns are out there! Reading it, I thought it’d be a good idea to write and explain a few things about the programme we’re making and what we want to do.

As you know we are making a programme about Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia and working with Professor Salkovskis from the Maudsley who is providing a tailor made treatment programme. It’s essential, in order to make a programme relevant to people who suffer from the condition, to talk to people who experience it themselves. The more people the better – each person’s experiences can be totally different (although many strands are similar). We make notes on each individual case just so the information is not lost. Everything is confidential. Ultimately we aim to make something that raises public awareness about the condition: although many of you have received support – the calls we have received already show that there is a lot of ignorance about agoraphobia out there, and effective treatment is incredibly difficult to access. Friends and families and sometimes even doctors of people who suffer sometimes do not understand what the condition is about and what it is like to live with it.

Hopefully some of you will have seen the House of Obsessive Compulsives last year. This documentary was really well received by the organisations that support people suffering with the condition. We are incredibly happy to say that the people involved have significantly changed their lives and are pleased that they were all involved with the programme. Their families have also contacted us to say what a difference it has made.

We also have to ensure that any filming we do is anything but misleading. Having very experienced and respected therapists involved with the process and filming the process as it evolves, ensures that nothing about the condition is misleading. The programme will be similar to House of Obsessive Compulsives but not the same as we are dealing with a different condition.

Again I’d really like to thank everyone who has taken the time and energy (some of which has been emotional and difficult) who has written or spoken to me. It makes the world of difference and we cannot thank you enough.

Just thought I should explain the process a little more and of course invite anyone who’d like a little chat with me to get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.

zoe

Dear Everyone,

I wanted to write to say a very big thank you to everyone who helped us with our preparatory research for the programme we are making about Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia.

CH4 have now selected the people who will be taking part in the programme and we wanted to write to let you know. The decision process took into account lots of different factors and your contribution to the procedure was invaluable.

It was essential, in order to make a programme relevant to people who suffer from the condition that we talk to people like yourself, who experience it themselves and we are very grateful for the time and information you gave us.

Ultimately we aim to make a programme that not only treats individuals with agoraphobia but also raises public awareness about the condition.

Again we’d really like to thank you for taking the time and energy (some of which has been emotional and difficult) to speak to us. It makes the world of difference and we cannot thank you enough.

The programme will be on CH4 at the end of the year.

With best wishes,

Zoe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information