Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

Angry Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

Hello, Although I joined a while ago I have been coping well with my ectopic beats. Recently they have come back and they are slightly different, not so powerful. Does anyone else notice a difference in their beats? Is this just a symptom of general anxiety?

I am interested to hear of any solutions to this frightening problem. I take magnesium, this does not help, is it a ploy by the manufacturers to get us to buy it?? I have been to a stress course but struggle to put into practice what I learned. I do not want to take drugs even although I've been offered Proplanol(spelling?).

I would really appreciate any replies.

Thank you.

Re: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

i was told to avoid caffeine with my ectopics and it does help somewhat chocolate does it to me to

Should have said, I also cut out caffeine. But even if I have a cheeky can of coke or something similar, that doesn't really seem to make any difference either.

do u get them with eatin cos i do quite a lot

No, not at all. I think the problem is, it's almost impossible to narrow down what causes this problem. If I definitely knew what caused the problem, it would be brilliant. But like most other people, you have to try, try and try again to even get close to the solution.

Did you try 300 mgs of magnesium every day? I found this helped dramatically. Also losing weight helped as I'm also convinced it is related to digestive problems. x

i lost 3 stone in weight i still get the blinkin things but i do have to say i have an intolerance to certain things which probably doesnt help it is hard to narrow things down

I have been taking 200mg of magnesium citrate for a while now. I have also taken more than 200mg in the past and have tried different compounds of magnesium. I honestly don't think it helps me. I'm only taking them at the moment to use up the supply I bought a while ago. I've read that magnesium oil helps more but it is so much more expensive, this is why I think that magnesium manufacturers put information out there so that people like us will go out and buy there products?

I am not overweight. I'm 5ft 11 and 11 1/2 stone.

Ive heard that magnesium works for some people but like you, it doesn't work for me. But ant-acids do strangely....the seem to calm my stomach and so they calm the ectopics and flutters (and there is a connection).

Ive been living with ectopics for the best part of 30 years and now I accept they are part of me and seem to be my achilles heel, my weak spot just as others have their own weak spots, and you are right when you say that we always try to narrow down the reasons for them but never quite figure it out completely. Maybe we have to just change our way of thinking about them...we know we don't like them but they don't seem to harm us (after 30 years?) so why don't we just say we are part of a special group of people who have sensitive hearts...no biggie, it might work...until the next time I get a run of them

Anna xx

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information