Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

Re: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

Has anyone tried mega-dosing on magnesium? Like more than 1000mg per day? Antacids have magnesium in them - that might actually be what is providing relief. Curious

Yes I know a few people who feel magnesium helps. It depends what type though.

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Hey people,

I've had anxiety for 3 years now. I have only just became aware of ectopics after a wee period of bad anxiety. I have also noticed more gas - burping. I have read that our anxious conditions upset our stomachs which cause these digestive issues that then can produce the ectopics.

So the solution is just to chill out. Relax more. Regular gentle exercise. Eat at a leisurely pace. Eat foods that are low in fat and just healthy, basically.

The fact of the matter is, everyone gets ectopic beats. Our anxious condition (hypercondriac ways) has allowed us to become hyper aware and sensitive to the sensations that others would not think twice about or pass of as a stomach issue.

Still, that we are aware of them and that they are uncomfortable to think about never mind experience we want solutions.

The solutions are...

Eat at a nice pace and eat good foods. Drink at least a litre of water a day.

Relax. Listen to some calming visualisation tapes or something soothing, try YouTube.

Gentle regular exercise. Go a walk and enjoy the day.

Be happy and get your enthusiasm back. If you accommodate the sensations they will continue. Plan to get back on track, doing what you like. Don't let it take away your joy. Everything is fine.

I spent thousands on tests. I saw some of the most prestigious doctors and had the most expensive heart test available done. Where they shoot you up with a dye and MRI you, watching the heart and its structures. I had a stress test, one private and one NHS. I had a 24 hour trace tape and a week trace tape. The doctor remarked,

"You are absolutely fine, there were only ectopic beats which are perfectly normal, better to have them than not to. You should be bungee jumping in Antarctica. Go and eat eleven pizzas and drink ten beers. Take up weight lifting. Get "ripped", as my daughter says"

...I was going to ask him for more tests, I tried to but he just kept interrupting me...

"You are fine. You need to have faith. Believe me, you are fine."

...at this point I tried to ask him to test me for blood clots... he went on to explain he is the main Dr in the UK for blood clots and tried to assure me more.

His patience was stellar.

So get on with things people and enjoy your week. All is well, hope this advice helps.

GAVISCON is a good first aid too btw. Will help you relax into things.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information