Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

Re: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

I might just give the antacids a shot then, it wouldn't do any harm. When you say there is a connection, is that proven? I really like the way you think. I am also trying to change my thought process too but that's not easy after thinking the same way for my entire life so far. Thanks

I've been getting exactly the same! My ectopics started up again on Sunday but they're really light compared to the usual massive BANGs I get. Still very worrying cuz they're happening a lot more often than the big ones do. I used to get 1-3 big ones a day, now I'm gettin light ones every 10 minutes it seems!!

I've recently started exercising again which has made me panic it's exercise giving them me but I've also been having REALLY bad heart burn/acid reflux past couple of days so maybe it's related to that? ;s xx

Hi scotsman, yes it has been proven, and when my doc first gave me these antacids I thought he was quite mad...how can something so ordinary, something even small kids can take, help with my big serious issue with my heart? But they worked, and still do 2 years later, though i don't have to take them as often these days, only when I feel my heart fluttering about a bit. The active ingredient is something called semeticone and be careful because not all of them have this in. The best one for me is Rennie Deflatine and I just chew on a couple of them and within about 10 mins everythings seems to settle down again.

My doctor told me that the culprit is something called the vagus nerve and it connects quite a few organs in the body including the heart and digestive system. If this nerve is irritated by something we've eaten, or if we eat to much then the heart is irritated too. Some people get a fast beating heart if they eat sweet and sour sauce for example, so its the same kind of thing. The antacids are not a cure but you might find they help.

Thats not to say i don't get ectopics and flutters at other times because i do..from being stressed to just simply walking down the street, but like we said before we can drive ourselves potty looking for answers. The ecg's and 24hr monitors can tell us its nothing serious but nobody has really come up with why they happen....they just do, and after so many years I guess i'd better get used to them really

Anna x

hi

i suffer with eptopic and mine are usually when i am anxious, if i have just eaten especially a large meal and fizzy drinks. they also can come out of the blue. Really horrible scarey things!!!!!!!!!

lorraine

I am definitely going to source some antacids that contain semeticone and try them. I did try taking just the usual Rennie today but they probably don't contain that ingredient. I would be over the moon if it worked.

I read about the vagus nerve a while ago and tried to find some info about the "Vagus technique" but struggled to find anything.

I think I can pinpoint when my ectopic beats started as prior to a particular incident I had never felt them. I had what I thought was a heart attack, turns out it was a panic attack(didn't understand about panic then). Ever since that one panic attack, I have experienced the ectopic beats on and off. When they're on, I absolutely hate it, I still struggle to explain to anyone how bad it is, unless of course they have it themselves.

Thank you once again for replying and thanks to everyone else who has posted.

X

omg that's exactly how my ectopics started too! let me know how the antacids work out for you please? x

They don't work for everybody and not so much if the ectopics are stress related, but it seems that alot of ectopics and flutters come on after eating and that's why it works for me..

Oh and the vagus manouvre is when you hold your nose and breath in, close your mouth and blow until you can maybe feel your ears pop a bit. This is meant to stimulate the vagus nerve enough to stop the palps.

Anna xx

i felt my heart making what felt like a series of erratic beats followed by a thud and then more erratic beats and another thud and hot flush when i was driving home tonight. as a result i have been checking my pulse at every opportunity. i feel very edgy and nervy now.

Kestral, believe it or not this sounds very 'normal' in sufferers of ectopics though uncomfortable and scary. Have you had it before and have you had any tests done ever?

Anna xx

Quote Originally Posted by Going home View Post
    Kestral, believe it or not this sounds very 'normal' in sufferers of ectopics though uncomfortable and scary. Have you had it before and have you had any tests done ever?

Anna xx
    hi anna, yes ive had these feelings before and a 24hr tape done on 2 occasions plus other investigations. the gp says its nothing threatening and to just accept them but it is very frightening all the same.
    alan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information