Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

Re: Solutions to ectopic heartbeats

Alan, unfortunately it seems that all GPs have the same response, accept them, they are not dangerous. They are correct, ectopic beats are not dangerous but the sooner someone comes up with an idea to combat them, the better.

I do believe they get a little easier to handle the longer you have them. I've had them for nearly two years now. Sometimes they disappear altogether and I think I've had a miracle cure but they come back for no apparent reason. I'm, currently experiencing them, at least into the high hundreds each day but possibly more. It's difficult to count them! I hate them, no-one will say that they enjoy the feeling. I have also had many tests done and it is reassuring to know that your heart is in good working order. Try and focus on that. Stress does not help. I'm hopeful of overcoming them at some point and am always on the look out for something different to try. This was the point in starting this thread.

Cheers.
    Colin.

I am sure mine are worse when I eat chocolate. But on saying that...no chocolate today and they are not good

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Well, have tried antacids containing sethicone but they haven't made any difference. I wasn't that hopeful as my ectopics are not aggravated by eating. I was lulled into a false sense of security earlier on today, as I thought they'd gone. Then, bang! Off again. You've got to love them

Mm they always creep up on you when you're least expecting it...and when you are expecting it...and when you're kind of past caring if they come at all...

I HATE THEM Wish they'd jus go awayy now scare me so much x

do you find exercise makes them worse? I do.

Yep. Loads worse. I started exercising again Friday last week and my ectopics came back with a vengance. Was getting them all day and it's freaked me out really bad so I've stopped exercising again cuz of it! Hoping to get back into it but I keep chickening out lol. x

I have just started to get them again over the last 2 weeks or so, they scare me lots.
    I find mine can happen at actually absolutely any time of the day, i get them in my sleep and i wake up, i get them when i am laughing or smiling and completely happy, i get them when i am watching tv, or i get them when i am active, it seems to make no difference.
    I wonder about the digestive link as i have IBS - d.
    Fluttery hearts suck!

It's weird reading about how different things affect different people. With regards to exercise, currently, if I exercise I can cancel out my ectopic beats but they appear shortly after I finish. There have been occasions in the past when exercise has actually stopped my ectopic beats. How are you supposed to work out what is going on when things like that happen??

DeetheTree, I also get them wherever and whenever and can not work out any logical reason behind them. I do believe stress plays a big part in this problem. I'm sure there's something deep rooted in my mind that sets them off but I can't work it out.

I am interested in the digestive link also. Recently my digestive system has been questionable. I have also been yawning a lot. And obviously I've been feeling the ectopics. There is an earlier post that mentions the Vagus nerve. After a bit of research, the Vagus nerve plays a part in all these issues I have: yawning, digestion and ectopics - bizarre?

C x

Yeah themadscotsman it would be interesting to fix this vagus nerve irritation if indeed it is that! I have been belching more recently (TMI lol)

thought id but in guys! :d yeasterday i was having loads of palps through the day, then at night i went out to see a medium he was horrible btw !!! but while i was out i was burping my head off! and today hardley no ectopics at al.... ive also been chewing rennies all day ive had 3 maby gona have another on later, but i wonder if theyve helped? and maby all the burping i did got rid of some trapped wind. ???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information