Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ventricular tachycardia

ventricular tachycardia

I think this is what my ECG showed up earlier, I'm sure I saw it on the sheet, the net says this is HIGHLY dangerous and can lead to sudden death I'm utterly terrified. The nurse said I was tachycardic because I was so anxious and the next two ecgs were normal and my heart rate slowed down but am I going to die?! She said over and over again that I was fine but what if she made a mistake?! I'm so scared, I have had two sleepless nights now and I'm now looking at a third
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Re: ventricular tachycardia

unless maybe I read it wrong? It says all over the net that if this showed up you'd be rushed off to hospital?
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

my mum is shouting at me saying I do this for attention and enjoy it, she shouted at me when I said I got panicky in the surgery and said it's ridiculous behaviour, what do I do

Probably said tachycardic, almost everyone who's had an ecg will have had this result at one point! don't worry if you had something dangerously wrong they wouldn't have sent you home. also remember google isn't the most reliable source. x

calm down, your heart is fine hun and your mother doesn't mean it. they would have picked anything dangerous up. sorry for slow replies i'm on the internet via a games console lol, x

daisy cake. im sure your fine!! was your heart rate high then!??? my mum says EXACTLY the same, when i go on at her. Also DONT google, my dr says its all rubbish what you read on there!!! xxx chill babe xxxx

Hi there

Well, tachycardia just means "fast heartbeat". However, there is another condition that pops up at times called supraventricular tachycardia (or SVTs). It used to be called paroxysmal tachycardia, and it can happen randomly to healthy people who have nothing wrong with their heart at all. I have had a couple of bouts of this and I can honestly say it absolutely frightened the crap out of me at the time.

It may be that this is what they were referring to. How about making an appointment with your GP to see if he can get access to the information that was recorded on the ECG?

I'm seeing her (my GP) next Tues but might phone her in the morning.. I'm so worried. I hope I read the sheet wrong, and that it is supraventricular. It does say on every website if you showed this on an ecg you'd be rushed to hospital and I suppose that I wouldn't have been allowed home if they thought I was ill? The nurse said it was only the first one that was abnormal and the next two were fine so hopefully I will be OK.

It was at 116bpm but I got it down to 84.

So will I be OK to go to sleep tonight do you think?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information