Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ventricular tachycardia

Re: ventricular tachycardia

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not alone with this, not that I like the idea of you worrying too but it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one with these thoughts, thank you I'm sure you're right I haven't had a lot to drink either today - and a hell of a lot of sugar (cheesecake, chocolate milk, muffin and a whole bag of sweets - gawd what a pig!) so I guess that too has an effect. Cant wait to see my gp on tues so she can calm me down lol xx
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Dehydration causes missed beats a lot and when I've had lots of sweet stuff my heart starts jumping round horribly. Missed bests every 4-5 beats so horrible!

Go get a big glass of water and try push it out your head cuz thinking about them only brings on more unfortunatley! xx

Yeah will do that I know, it's making them horrible. Managed to get some sleep last night thank goodness. I never drink enough, I only have say 2 glasses or 2 cans a day if that. And even that is usually fizzy juice or milkshakes... Not good haha! My dr said it is no wonder I never feel great - I don't sleep, Im too scared to exercise, and I don't drink hardly any!.. Did try a glass just now, felt funny drinking it like I couldn't breathe but sure I am OK. I guess my GP would have seen my ecgs by now and if she were worried would have called!
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Yep she would have! Yea really try to drink more. If you don't like water jus drink squash that doesn't have aspartame in it cuz that can bring them on too.

I was scared to exercise too til Friday last week and I just went for it! Gonna be honest I feel 1000 times worse for it at the moment but these things take time I guess lol. You're fine just on edge cuz of the missed beats. They're scary as hell but harmless! xx

Yeah I saw one of your earlier threads you sound like you're doing really well, good for you I'm pondering over phoning my surgery and asking to speak to my doctor but my mum will flip!! haha. I suppose I should be praising me too as I went out to the shops in the city today and even sat in a cafe without any major issues, which I've only managed twice since I think September now LOL but at least I did it.. Feel daft being nineteen and struggling to go shopping and things but guess that's the way things go!

I still feel like I can't breathe trying to write an essay but my chest is so tight and sore it's unbelievable.

Hm I rang my surgery and the receptionist tried to calm me down and said "honest, if she (my gp) needed to see you, or thought something was badly wrong, she'd be phoning you, we don't take these issues lightly" LOL that's me told haha

Sorry had to log out earlier hun, how are you feeling now? Receptionist was right it's a good sign your doctor hasn't rung xx

Hiya Daisy - last year i got a racing heart whenever i went up the stairs or got up from sitting down, i had a 24 hour ecg and it showed that i had 'superventricular tachycardia (SVT)' but i had an echo and i was fine.

I still convince myself that somethings wrong with my chest/heart, although i havent had the SVT for over a year now, and it was cured with no medication.. apparently it was due to my stress and anxiety.

I constantly feel like i cant breathe right and i get light headed in cafes or going out in general. I think it would really help if i started to exercise more but it doesnt help that i had my first panic attack in a P.E lesson at school when i was 16!!
    eep!

Anyway hello and nice to meet you

Not too bad thanks, actually feel reassured after speaking to the receptionist, looking forward to seeing my gp next week so she can explain everything... she said if I was in any danger at all they'd not have sent me home, or they'd have at least rung me by now! No news is good news and all that... I found a website too that says they can be aggravated by stress, or anything particularly exciting or anxiety provoking (eg sex - as i was so worried about!) so I think I'm hopefully, touch wood, God willing, normal! Still got hellish heartburn (keep bringing up me tea!) but going away to find some gaviscon and a cold glass of milk! Got other issues going on with regards to friends at the moment, which probaby isnt helping, haven't spoken to or seen them in a year after falling out - unfortunately before falling out we'd arranged to go to the theatre, been dreading it, but Friday is the night we are meant to be going... Definitely NOT going as like I said haven't spoken to them in a year! Was just getting abuse from them, and when I stood up for me they didn't like it and told me where to go.. So really can't face it, but haven't told them that yet! Still, at least it will be sorted soon.. Ah well. Hows you xxx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information