Thread: 33 weeks pregnant &worried about the birth!

33 weeks pregnant &worried about the birth!

Im terrified! I suffer with ectopic beats and fast heart rate! im so worried my hearts not going to cope or im going to get loads of ectopic beats :( I might have to have a c-section due to my first child getting stuck in my pelvis bone! Im so worried about laying down flat and my heart going all weird and not being able to move! Ive been having so many ectopic beats lately I know there's not alot off advice people can give but im just worried sick! Thanks for reading x

Re: 33 weeks pregnant &worried about the birth!

Dear Leeann .... poor you, you have obviously gotten yourself into a right old state - don't we all!!!! Please be assured that the doctor/midwife will know all about your medical history and the fact that you suffer from anxiety and they will look after you. They will also know about your first birth and will be prepared for that. My sister had an enormous first baby and she is quite small, so the second time they induced her a bit earlier so that baby wasn't so big. Why don't you have a chat with your midwife and tell her all your fears. It won't be long now and your new little baby will be here - how exciting! Take care x

Firstly ectopic beats are really common when pregnant because your body is coping with the extra blood flow. I had lots.

I also had a c section so know how frightening the thought of it is. I was terrified but the team knew I was and were great at helping me remain calm. If you have a section they monitor your heart and blood pressure constantly. Did you have a section with your first?

Leeann,

I just wanted you to know that I had a C-section, even though I absolutely hate hospitals, and my fear of anaestestic is so bad that my heart could stop beating. But (as you probably already know) once the baby is coming you would give your life for it to arrive safely. During my (emergency) C-section the staff were brilliant as they were aware of fear. I had a pre-meeting prior to going into hospital in case of an emergency. During the c-section I mentioned that I felt sick, they gave me a jab to take the sickness away, I felt I was going to pass out, again they gave me something to keep me from fainting... everytime I felt 'terrible' they did something to calm me down. Please speak to them, explain, they will look after you better than you could ever imagine.

Good Luck xx

Thread Information