Thread: pregablin

pregablin

hi all im really worried as just had my doasage of pregablin increased from 300 mg a day to 600 mg a day which is the max dose. I have been on 300 mg for bout 2 months now for my anxiety which has been helping apart from a kind of flat feeling, but the last couple of weeks i have had more horrible anxiety symtoms back, i so want to get back to my normal self as i am a busy mum of 4 but worried bout such a high dose advice anyone please ? x x x

Re: pregablin

Hi Misty,

I take pregabalin but only 225mg a day...have you tried reading through the pregabalin posts it may tell you in there as there are others on here take it.

I have found that it has turned my life around. Do you just take pregabalin or anything else along with it??

Hope you get some answers and feel better soon.

Jo.xx

hi jo i was on 10 mg citalopram but was told stop that and up the pregab to the max to help the anxiety symtoms and i guess you have to listen and go with it but im so worried as is high dose also im wondering if its depression more than anxiety as i feel so tearful all the time,what is yours for?misty x x

Hi Misty,

I take pregablin for anxiety, I am also on mirtazipine at the moment as I did have depression along with the anxiety...the mirtazipine helped the depression but did little for my anxiety hence going onto pregabalin....I am hoping to come off the mirtazipine after Christmas as I have gained so much weight on it and that is not good for my health!! Just wondered if you took anything with it...I have taken citalopram in the past too.

I wonder if you feel tearful due to the anxiety getting you down or if you are suffering depression...see how you go and if worried go back to your GP. If you are concerned about the higher dose of pregabalin then why not increase to 400 mg to see if that helps before going higher??? Then you still have some where to go up to if you need to...I am not a GP but dont think that would hurt!! Hope you feel better soon. Please feel free to ask me anything.

Take care
    Jo.xx

thank you joe, i have been very tearful with how im feeling and wonder if im depressed and thats causing the anxiety but i just dont know? its such a lonley place to be in, i try to carry on as normal around my kids but is such a battle, do you have a thing where you just cant think or concentrate on things? thanks for listening to me it means alot when someone understands, im just so desperate to get better with xmas coming x x x misty

Bless you...I know how hard it can be. This time last year I was off sick from work with it all and I felt so bad but just crashed...I work in retail and its our busiest time and felt so guilty been off etc but the illness really took its toll on me. I, like you tried to be as normal as I could around my family, my two are now 19 and 16 so its a lot harder to hide but I have suffered for around 12 years now so when they were younger was easier to hide.

Yes I find I lose concentration quite easily and my memory is terriable....lol!!!

You will get better hun, please try not to worry too much about it (I know that is so easier said than done)...I would perhaps try and increase the pregabalin a little and then if no joy perhaps go back to see your GP. How long ago did you take the citalopram?? Is this the first time you have suffered with this kind of illness?

I send you a big hug...know exactly how you are feeling and know you will get better.

TC
    Jo.xx

thankyou you sound like a lovely caring person, i took cit for bout year and half and was ok till bout 3 months ago, i have suffered in the past on was on prozac for some time and have usually come out of it but struggling this time i best go kids calling me thank again i will be on bit later im from cheltenham bout you? x x

Im on pregabalin 150mg three times a day. not really sure its helping! doctor is saying my anxiety is causing my depression yet im on the max dose (45mg daily) of mirtazipine and 80mg a day of propranolol... got a ward round coming up this week and i may speak about changing antidepressant see if that helps....

Thread Information