Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medical assessment mock inteview video

medical assessment mock inteview video

i found this video online,
    its a video showing two different approaches to the interview and the difference between a possible fail and a pass

( that is if the examiner hasnt already written you off to reach their weekly goal of failing people , )

http://www.ceimh.bham.ac.uk/tv/benefits.shtml

if you have been for a medical already id love your feedback as to the reality of the situation

Re: medical assessment mock inteview video

Thats a great video, thank you for sharing it I found it helpful in the respect that i could use it as practice, I found myself answering the questions for myself... if only all assessments only lasted a few minutes...

very true, i havent been for my assessment yet, its in 3 weeks time. i know that if they have tragets to meet if doesnt matter if you are a just a head on a chair you will be deemed fit for work lol

please read my posts about my ongoing hassle with ATOS. I am realiably informed that in their opinions if u can turn up to your medical you are fit enough to work!!!!!! I had to get a home visit and I still don't know if I am going to get any money!!!!!!

Most of the people involved with our claims have very little knowledge or understanding of anxiety related illness'.

My advise is to take some time to write down what is wrong with you, how it effects you, what you can and cant do, you need to be totally honest with them and yourself and that can be tough. if you can get ur GP to support your claim.

I feel my assessment was very good - he was very clever and asked me questions that i could only answer if i truely understood anxiety. I got really upset, not crocodile tears but frustration of my life!!!!!

The assessor was very honest with me that I will have to fight to get my benefit, but he understood how debilating anxiety could be. He also told me to consider my health first coz rushing into a job would be detrimental. I have some pretty horrid stress going on in my life just now and I think this is why he said this.

I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Claiming benefit is my idea of hell but needs must and I have worked for 20years and paid my taxes blah blah blah!!!!!

Be careful using the video, it may be a there to trick people - sorry I don't trust any of them you may be playing into their hands.

I am not sure if this is what you want to hear but I hope it helpsx

dont worry i have my own trust issues, like how i have been assessed twice since claiming IB and its always been arranged by post but the other say after sending off my form i got a phone call to my mobile to arrange an appointment, that has never happened before, its always been paper work ive delt with, i now firmly belive it was part of the assessment, to see if i could use a mobile, hense i can work .

You might find this link handy. It's shows the points system and all the questions you will be asked during an assessment.There's a physical section, and a mental one.

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/f25.htm

wow, the points are very low on the mental health questions, it actually looks highly unlikely you could score 15, its almost like they dont want to pass you lol

Your agitation, confusion or forgetfulness has resulted in potentially dangerous accidents in the past three months - score 1

im sorry but if a person says yes to this and they still fail that is soooo irresponsible, how could they send a person off to work knowing this,
    surely that should be 15 points on its own

again how on earth can these all be pointed the same ( seen in the same light )

You cannot use a phone book or directory to find a telephone number - score1
    Your mental condition prevents you from doing leisure activities you enjoyed before - score1
    You overlook or forget the risks of appliances or hazards due to poor concentration - score1
    Your agitation, confusion or forgetfulness has resulted in potentially dangerous accidents in the past three months - score 1

i seriously do not think the "tax paying public" would want someone fixing their car
    or someone working in a phamacy handing out medication who answered yes to the latter two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ButterflyWings; 21-11-10 at 14:09.

You just need 10 points to pass the mental health one, and I score 16.
    But yes they do seem to make it hard by asking silly questions, like you said, how can not being able to find a phone number, and causing potentially dangerous accidents score the same?
    Surely the accidents question should score alot higher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information