Thread: Loss of appetite need to regain appetote & put on weight

Loss of appetite need to regain appetote & put on weight

Ive recently lost appetite due to my anxiety and gone from 7half stone to just 6st 1... as i never ate for about a week or two just living on a piece of toast or a biscuit each day but past 3 days i have started eating more today just 1 small multiseed toast and 2 biscuits,
    yesterday was ok 1 toast with jam, pork barm and a few biscuits but i need more food otherwise am not going to gain the weight..
    how can i get my appetite back ??
    am also emetophobic and this has been playing a big par in my loss of appetite but as i have started feeling better in myself past three days i have started craving foods but still a little negative thinking scared to eat... how can i just eat and get over this?
    today only the two toast as i woke with a anxious nervous stomach feeling which makes me not want to eat when i no even though i have nervous stomach or anything i still should eat but just cant x

Re: Loss of appetite need to regain appetote & put on weight

I find it comes back when my mood is up, Also PMS, makes my appetite come back so I eat as much fatty food as I can to get the weight up.
    if your able to drink, try soups and milk. I eat biscutes too because there's 80 calories in just one, also crisps, the ones I have now have about 400 calories in a bag and I they aren't very filling.
    sorry your anxiety was that bad :-( I know what it's like to be so nervous you can't eat.
    then feeling worried that the weights dropping off.
    also try omega 3 fish oil as it's supposed to be helpful for anxiety.
    also hot chocolate is good too for the calories although it's very filling.
    I'm not sure how you get your appetite back, i only know it comes back when your feeling better.

I also lost a lot of weight during my anxiety problems. I lost 20 pounds, but have now gained back about 15 pounds. I know how it is like when you're nervous and your stomach gets upset. I am also afraid of throwing up, so that makes it worse. Are you on any medicine? I take Ativan, though am tapering off of it now, but when I was taking more, it really did help with my upset stomach and I could start to eat again. I started very slow, trying to eat small amounts, but more frequently during the day. I like mashed potatoes, so I would eat a lot of those and put butter on them for the calories. I ate a lot of caloric stuff, probably not good for me, but it did help get the calories in. I still will have trouble from time to time with my stomach being upset, but I try not to worry about it, because that makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jothenurse View Post
    I also lost a lot of weight during my anxiety problems. I lost 20 pounds, but have now gained back about 15 pounds. I know how it is like when you're nervous and your stomach gets upset. I am also afraid of throwing up, so that makes it worse. Are you on any medicine? I take Ativan, though am tapering off of it now, but when I was taking more, it really did help with my upset stomach and I could start to eat again. I started very slow, trying to eat small amounts, but more frequently during the day. I like mashed potatoes, so I would eat a lot of those and put butter on them for the calories. I ate a lot of caloric stuff, probably not good for me, but it did help get the calories in. I still will have trouble from time to time with my stomach being upset, but I try not to worry about it, because that makes it worse.
    hi i am on propranolol 80mg one daily i was on citalopram 20mg daily but have not been on them now for about a month i ddidnt find they were helping and i stopped them all by myself (stupid i no) but they finally out my system and the withdrawels have stopped this is where my anxiety went bad as i just stopped my tabs not weaned off them xx

That can be hard. Even with tapering off my Ativan, even though I am on such a small amount now, I get nervous knowing that I am not taking as much.

i no it was very hard for me to stop the tablets as i had been on them many years and i just STOPPED them one day on my own as i didnt find they were helping me.. but i would never suggest any1 to do that as i hit an all time low the withdrawel symptons where horrible i felt so lost and the aniexty was so high... i wish i would of weaned myself off them but to late now...

am just hopeing to get rid of this nervous tight stomach feeling i keep getting every now and then as i just cant eat when i have it x

Thread Information