Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello All

Hello All

Hi,

My name's Christian (Chris), I've been diagnosed with depression which I thinks stems from some sort of Attachment/Dependent personality disorder type issues. I think I've probably been quite ill since my teenage years (I'm 40 now) but have just thought that was how I was.

Since May I've been having real difficulties, which encouraged me to see a psychotherapist and start taking St Johns Wort. Things have deteriorated due to the problems my issues were causing with a colleague I also counted as my best friend. I was signed off work for a month and switched to taking citalopram (20mg) just over two weeks ago. So far I feel worse and have palpitations but it's early days. My friend has told me this week she's not comfortable being my friend any more. She meant the world to me. My partner (female), thank goodness, seems to understand why I'm so upset over the loss of this other female friend. Although, given how upset I am, I'm not sure whether her understanding will last as long as my hurt.

I'm frightened, I'm off work, my depression seems to be getting deeper and my world is really starting to fall apart.

Hoping talking to some others who understand what it's like when your mind no longer seems like your own will help!

Chris

Hi HarrogateChris

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: Hello All

aboard to the NMP you will no never been alone. Best wishes Kerry

Hi Chris and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Hi Chris, its great to meet you, welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome - all this reading is keeping my mind nice and busy

Hi again Chris, read the stuff in the left hand column, its a good place to start with basic panic/anx/ocd/depression etc...until you get a feel for the forum. Youre not alone x

Hi, Chris,

Welcome to NMP, hope you find this forum/board useful.

From another Harrogate person.

Anita,

Quote Originally Posted by SHYGIRLAJB View Post
    From another Harrogate person.
    Must be something in the water

Chris

hi chris i just joined too i have suffered anxiety and depression and at present am on fluxotine ( prozac) previously i have taken what you have been prescribed and i just wanted to say for the first 3 weeks on it you feel worse ie tired weepy etc then when it adjusts in your body you will start to feel better.. sounds like things are bad for you at mo try and stay positive and take comfort in the fact that your not alone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information