Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello All

Re: Hello All

WOW!!! shes beautiful, whats she called I cant make it out........shes a stunner Chris

Thanks , problem is she's so beautiful I bought her with my heart not my head. Never to clever a thing with boats, but she's back on the water now. She's called "Athaena" and is a Maurice Griffiths design.

Chris

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" - Jon Kabat-Zinn
    “You lose your grip and then you slip, Into the masterpiece.” - Leonard Cohen

Day 25 on the Citalopram today and a review appointment with my GP this morning. I've been signed off work for another five weeks.

Feeling very odd at the moment, I think the Cit has started working. Last Thursday was probably the first time I was feeling a little better rather than worse, but I'm still all over the place. Feeling very detached from myself and I'm not particularly liking the numbing sensation. But then I wasn't particularly liking being so distressed all the time either. I still feel like I'm very distressed but that it's being smothered by the Cit. Just hope I can still deal with the issues behind my depression - I guess that's the challenge ahead.

I'm very much in a daze, don't seem able to concentrate and don't seem able to feel. I'm really quite agitated in a not quite in my body sort of way.

Chris

I'm not good today

Feeling really apathetic and flat. The chatterbox is giving me hell that no-one is interested. I only posted a few minutes ago, it's ridiculous. Why can't I see that it's ridiculous? Instead I'm just listening to how rubbish I am for being so needy.

C.

Chris Its ok to feel needy and want reasurance .Some days are worse than the others .You will pick up soon once the meds kick in .I used to hate being on my own when I FELT LIKE THAT ,but didnt want to talk ,if that makes sense ?.Its just knowing someone understands and cares that makes the difference .Tommorow is another day and each day is a small step nearer to beating this .And beat it you will ..Now keep yourself distacted and tell the chatterbox to do one from me ...ok ? Sending you a friendly hug from one of your Anx buddys .T/c Sue x

Thanks Sue

Hi Chris

One thing that keeps me going is knowing that I'm not alone in feeling anxiety/depression. This sort of site helps also when no one around me understands.

Hey chris welcome

Hey Chris,

Sorry you're not having the best day.

Just wanted to say I know what you mean about feeling detached from yourself and the numbing sensation. I'm more used to it now I think and as I said on a post the other day it feels like a protection from the anxiety, if another crisis occurs it will make it feel like half of one rather than a full blown crisis.

But I see it as a way of giving yourself some rest from the anx while you work on healing your mind, like putting a broken leg into a cast, although you can't just sit back and let it heal but have to keep up with the physio excercises, similarly you have to keep working on whatever strategies you've chosen to help your mind recover while the cit takes over the initial healing process.

That's my take on it anyway, hope you feel better quickly chuck.

C x

Quote Originally Posted by happycamper View Post
    But I see it as a way of giving yourself some rest from the anx while you work on healing your mind, like putting a broken leg into a cast
    Thanks, that's a good way to think of it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information