Thread: Coming off mirtazapine!

Red face Coming off mirtazapine!

hi been on 30mg and 45mg mirtazapine for about 2 years now alongside regular cbt sessions, for clinical depression and generalised anxiety disorder, i have worked damm hard to get where am i today, mature student at local college, when i was at my worst i wouldnt even leave the house so im proud of myself and it sometimes is a stuggle getting to college!!

last week it was suggested to me that i start the process of coming off the meds and my cbt sessions have been reduced to about 2 a month now, what is the withdrawel process really like!!!

im scared that once i start the withdrawel i will go back to how i was when i was ill , will that happen!!!!!!

help!!

Re: Coming off mirtazapine!

Hi and to NMP ..there is a forum for Medication further down the page you will find plenty of help and support as you come off your medication .Well done for coming through and getting your life back on track .There is no reason you will go back to how you were if you have now reached a good place in your life and had help apart from the meds in treating and understanding why you got deppressed/anxious in the first place .Stay focused and positive and come off your meds slowly .Allow yourself time on each dose to be sure you are stable ,before you reduce again .This will take longer but is the best way to ensure well being ,Side effects will also be minimal this way .I wish you continued sucess in your journey to a full complete recovery .You should be very proud of yourself .Take care luv Sue x

Re: Coming off mirtazapine!

hi thanks sue, yes i still take one day at a time, have good and bad days, i am in a good place now but stll have the fear and worrying thoughts of how things use to be!

Thread Information