Thread: DHEA

DHEA

Hi has anyone tried DHEA for anxiety. I tried it a few times before. It made my depression worse the following day but for the next three days i felt almost normal. I tried it again and had the same effects that time. I havnt taken it again because of the initial depressiin but was thinking of trying it again with the citalopram im taking. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

Re: DHEA

Hi matt,

Sorry this is probably a daft question but wot is DHEA/

thanks

It is a supplement to increase Estrogen and Androgen Hormones .which are naturally found in the body .It would be best to check with you Dr or Pharmacist before you take with Perscribed drugs ...Sue

Its a hormone produced by the adrenal gland for stress response. it is used by the body to allow it to cope in times of stress. I found it very good for anxiety but it caused depression initially. I wandering that if i took it longer or with the citalopram the depression would not be an issue. Its best to take low doses as it can convert to testosterone in men and estrogen in women. Its the best med ive tried for anxiey as you dont feel drugged like on benzos you just feel more normal.

Thread Information