Thread: I thought I was getting back on track

I thought I was getting back on track

Over the past 6 months my life has picked up loads. I've been overcoming loads of difficult situations, doing loads of things that were hard and finding them fine, and I really felt like I was living again. I was beating anxiety, had made some fabulous new friends, new job, etc etc, and all was going great.

Now, I'm starting to feel a bit "de-railed"! Someone I'd been seeing has turned out to be not as great as I originally thought, and a really good friend is becoming distant (they've explained the reasons, but I'm still finding it hard). My anxiety seems to be coming back slightly - not to the extent where it's stopping me doing things, but I can feel that niggle there sometimes. I hate winter and the bad weather makes me worry, as I nearly got stuck in the snow last year in my car.

I'm trying to focus on all the positives and look how far I've come, but it's hard at times. Just looking for a bit of support and understanding really.

Thanks all!

Re: I thought I was getting back on track

Hi Lizzie29, Isn't it great what you achieved?! But life isn't smooth and blips come here and there now and again - as you'll know. I'm sure you'll 'glide' over your current problems and things will look up again. Take care x

try not to worry about the feelings too much, they sounds quite natural really, maybe just accept this time isn't so great and try and ride through it...just dont make the issues bigger than they are...you have been doing great!!!

Just remind yourself anxiety never FULLY goes away because it's a natural part of life. With a friend drifting and a relationship dwindling a little, it's expected that you'd feel a little anxious (same goes for the bad weather, I always worry when it snows).

Keep challenging your negative thoguhts and replacing them with positive ones. Don't forget that anxiety is a natural part of life - it doesn't have to ruin your life again, though.

Thanks for the replies

Thread Information