Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: woke up relaxed, ectopics as soon as i move

Unhappy woke up relaxed, ectopics as soon as i move

Morning guys,
    Well i felt last night that i was doing really well, i felt relaxed. actually able to do normal things without feeling tense, even went out for a drive with my partner (he drove) and found it so relaxing just being driven about. Had a good nights' sleep and woke up feling relaxed... but as soon as i get out of bed and walked the 5 meters from my room to the loo... bang... ectopic after ectopic after ectopic. I have sat back down on my bed now and they are starting to subside.... and i know ectopics are supposedly harmless although they feel terrible, but im getting to the point where im afraid to move or walk around anywhere. I kno this is probabl;y only fueling the problem but it's that typical thought of "what if"
    Has anyone else suffered with ectopics brought on by walking around?

Re: woke up relaxed, ectopics as soon as i move

hi babe. ive been suffering from ectopics like constantly for 2 months..i have been to the drs 4 times, hes not bothered atall!! He also gets them. I went again yesterday, as they are ruining my life!!!!! he said that they are SO SO SO SO common. He knows i have health anxiety, so i asked him to listen to my heart, he just smirked, and said if you really want me too,...so he listerned he said my heart was ok. Im just going to try to accept these things, come on drs wouldnt lie would they, ive been 4 times!!!!!!!???????? he said 80% of people that even have then BAD, once they have been to the drs, stop worrying, and accept them, but 20% find this hard!! im defo one of them!!! LOL xxx I can truly sympathise, but please just try and forget them xxxx

Thanks for your reply hun, this is exactly what i did yesterday, i was so relaxed and they hardly happened at all, i just don't understand how i woke up so so relaxed, happier than ive been in a long time... yet still they have come with force this am... it's frustrating, i thought i was getting on top of this :(

im just going through this,,ive had ectopics or as i call them miss beats for over twenty years,,but they were different,,just the odd bang two to three times a day with the odd flutter,,the even went for months at a time,,well i woke up saturday within twenty minutes they started one after the other,,but i stayed calm and relaxed, even going round the shops being aggie this is my weak spot,,i cooked dinner,,and thought as i ate it well if anything will make it flutter this will,,and of course after thinking that almost before the thought was outta my head it started one after another,,id never felt anything like it, itwas the whole paramedic jobby ,,as i suffer with angina we thought it wise,, they did an ecg and apart from when i was shaking it was normal,. its still happening and its still scaring the wotsit outta me,,i got out for an hour yesterday,,but im not sleeping ,,or even eating properly,,but i know its all a matter of acceptance,,i need to learn to live with this before it will go back to its odd thump ,,,please dont feel alone with this,,and i know it feels awful,,but i read everybook on this and all say its harmless,,hope you feel better soon

Hi Ducky, same here! Ive had them for a while, and as soon as you mentioned getting up for the loo...I thought YES! Its not just me then....its just horrible. Even getting up to make tea, and basically walking....4 meters into my kitchen starts them off!

I just say out loud..."Oh there goes my drummer, beating out of time again"....the ectopics will not affect your regular sinus rhythm at all, so acceptance has to be the key here. Mine are better now, not so bad, because I just stopped caring so much about them....hope you feel better soon x

Thanks guys
    I'm having a better day today and they have been gradually easing off.... although i know my pattern and i have about 3 weeks before they start getting bad again... bloody hormones!!!
    Out of curiosity does anyone seem to be affected by this more around "the time of the month"??
    sending love guys xxx

im glad im not the only one ,,its amazing how quickly it reacts,,no sooner do has the thought popped into my head bang its starts ,,if i wasnt so scared id say its really clever ,, anyone tryed not to let the thoughts appear,,, makes it twice as bad

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky85 View Post
    Thanks guys
    I'm having a better day today and they have been gradually easing off.... although i know my pattern and i have about 3 weeks before they start getting bad again... bloody hormones!!!
    Out of curiosity does anyone seem to be affected by this more around "the time of the month"??
    sending love guys xxx
    oh god after i ovulate i can have ectopics lots n lots till my period drives me insane : / xx

YES YES YES!!! (no, its not a harry met sally moment!)...my ectopics go NUTS at ovulation, drive me mad for 2 weeks, really strong and very frequent, then after my period start, I find they almost dissapear for a week, get maybe 4/5 a day...HORMONES HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER FOR...THANK GOD ITS NOT JUST ME...THANKS GUYS XXXXXXXXX

i realy do think its all hormones. i went to the docs recently to get mine checked & there all normal. but they play a big part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information