Thread: Disappointed in myself

Unhappy Disappointed in myself

I have been suffering from panic and anxiety for a couple of months now.
    Lots of stress over last few months and lots of bad things that happened in my past have come back to haunt me when I least expected it!

I had been of work for 3 weeks and tried to get back on Monday. It was horrendous, managed to stay for 4 or 5 hours Monday and Tuesday, but getting there was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done

Today I haven't been able to make it in and I feel so disappointed in myself. I feel weak and pathetic. My work mates have been so supportive but I feel I have let everyone down.

I have been on Citalopram for 3 weeks now and last week thought I felt brighter. But as soon as I try to get back to work all those panicky feeling come back - it's totally exhusting!! I usually enjoy my job and am a competent and productive member of the team but at the moment I can't see me ever getting back to what I was

I feel desperately unhappy and depressed. Is there anyone out there that can give me some reassurance?

Sharon

Re: Disappointed in myself

Hi SJM13,

Well done Sharon for getting back to work on Monday and Tuesday. Ok so today didnt work out well for you. It is not easy, you know that. Try not to give yourself a hard time or beat yourself up about it.Try not to let your disappointment overwhelm your feelings. Stay positive, you have managed it twice this week, you can do it.
    Can you get any support for the difficult 'getting there' part of it?
    I hope this helps .. take care

Thanks Andrew,

I am going to try to get in to the office later tomorrow as mornings are the worst. I just wish this anxiety would end and I could get back to the happy person I was.

I am having some hypnotherapy which I thought was helping but the last session took me back to soe 'painful' memories which I had buried. I suppose it's better to get then out,

Thanks for your support

hi well done for gettig to work ou did well not easy when u feel like u do but u knowwhat u didit tc

Thread Information