Thread: Hello all!

Hello all!

I'm James, I live in Tonbridge, Kent and I'm new to this forum (sort of, I've been a member for a while but not posted).

I've had panic attacks for about 3 years, I had them before that too, about 7 years ago, but they stopped after about a week or so when I realised that I was worrying about silly things.

I'm trying to work myself out of it and I believe I've made good progress in the last year and a half with help from my partner.

I figured a good way to help further is by talking about it with others that have similar experiences! So here I am.

I generally have attacks when I'm not feeling great or I have chest pains etc which I believe is caused by both an acid reflux disorder and neck aches which I've had on and off for about 8 years now I guess.

Unfortunately I had a crap GP which I personally believe he was a contributing factor in all of this; when I had the neck aches (before my panic attacks) which used to give me daily headaches he advised me that I couldn't do anything about it other than take paracetamol and ibuprofen. Of course he was wrong, but I didn't question it for 3 years until I decided to go to a chiropracter on my bupa who then managed to cure my neck issues and headaches within 30 minutes- and didn't start to return for 6 months after! Unfortunately it appears the ibuprofen has done some damage and I was later diagnosed with stomache ulsers. After medication to help the ulsers heal, I'm left with an acid reflux issue! But I think it's getting better, finally.

At the moment I'm just trying to keep busy doing things I enjoy to take my mind off of everything else which works well. But I still get them every now and again, I guess I have an attack every day- but usually they pass quickly... Sometimes they do last a while and it's very hard to calm yourself down!

Time for some 'no more panic!'

Hi James82

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Hello all!

Hi and welcome to NMP
    Paige x

Thread Information