Thread: painkillers and citalopram

painkillers and citalopram

I know your not ment to take tramadol with it, how ever my doctor has me on them any way to curb my back pains. (else im on the floor in tears or stuck in bed all day which i hate!)

But he has given me a 100ml bottle of morphine oral solution and said i can take it before i go to bed, but didnt say weather it was safe or not, and me being me i forgot to ask!?

i have looked on the net and read the panflet that comes with it and it says i cant mix it with MAOI's but obviously citalopram is a SSRI but doesnt say anything about that??? Im in quite alot of pain and want to take some before bed but im worried weather to or not! (it wasnt my usual doctor!)

thanks x

Re: painkillers and citalopram

Hi, I can completely sympathise re the back!! If the doc gave it to you I would think it's ok as he'd have access to your medical records. x

thanks. Its a killer aint it! well ive only had two pills today + a paracetamol so wont OD so will try one spoon of 5ml! hopefully ill be okay!

iff not i will warn all haha!

i have trust issues and i dont know the doc as never seen him before i usually see only the one person as im sure the rest are out to get me!!!!!!

You can ring NHS direct and ask to be sure .. Sue

That's a brill idea. I did that and they were really nice. I ended up saying things i dont tell my doc! take care x

well i took 5ml to be save last night (those little spoon things) and appart from a nice warm tingle it didnt really help much, so going to try the 10ml as he said 5 or 10 depends on me, to be honest i feel alot better today though, i dont think i woke up all that much in pain, i just had too much on the brain so kept me up! :P

Thread Information