Thread: STD worries

STD worries

After a very regretful relationship with someone that could have left to STD exposure over two years ago, im always in a constant state of worry. I have a history of anxiety, and resently its got very difficult. I didnt worry about it till now because i knew the man and trusted him, i was very stupid. I have been in a relationship with my current partner for two years now, i would never cheat on him. I got worried sick about hiv so got tested the results were negative but im still worried about it, also can you catch it from things over then sex for example blood left on things or toliet seats. I also got tested for syphilis and cyladmidia which were also negative but i was on anibiotics at the time. I am still worried i might have something, but going to the GUM clinic was not a nice experience at all i left more paniced than when i went in. Im in a constant state of worry now, my partner says i should just stop and be happy because he doesnt think there is anyhting wrong as i dont have any specific symptoms. Although i have had three colds in close sucession resently. Please help i dont wanna spend my whole life like this i just want me and my man to be happy.

Re: STD worries

syphilis and chlamydia are treated with antibiotics so either way you don't have them for sure.
    see you had a test for HIV and your still worried, so maybe talking to a therapist might help?
    you can only catch HIV through sharing of bodily fluids, sex, orla sex, sharing needles, sharing sex toys.

"3 things have to happen for HIV to be passed on
    1) A person has to be HIV positive and
    2) HIV has to get out of their body -in their blood, semen vaginal fluids or breast milk and
    3) HIV has to be able to get into another person's blood stream"

"HIV is not transmitted by shaking hands, hugging, or kissing. You cannot become infected from a toilet seat, a drinking fountain, a door knob, dishes, drinking glasses, food, or pets. HIV is not an airborne or food-borne virus, and it does not live for long outside of the body"

damn google

Been up all worrying :(

Hi there if all ur tests came back negative, then its highly unlikely u have anything!! I had an HIV test done around 4 years ago, and it was negative, and i was never at risk but worried about it for nearly 20years!! I dont think about it at all now. I've also had tests for other STD's but this was routine to figure out what was causing me to pee so much!! Turns out i have Irritable bladder!!

Having colds is normal especially this time of year, plus sometimes u can almost will it to happen its a pyschological thing. Please try not to worry. Its time to shift ur focus to something more positive : )

Thread Information