Thread: GERD or cancer

GERD or cancer

I am now officially terrified that I have tumor. I am 39, a long time HA'er and I have GERD. For the r days I have had terrible pain when I swallow anything. The pain is right above my stomach. I am a tobacco user and I take nexium for the GERD. Please will someone talk me down? I have been googling all day and I am so scared. I can't afford a trip to the doctor so I need your help.

Re: GERD or cancer

Oh J2, this is what happens when you spend all day googling...you kept feeding and feeding your anxiety. Can I suggest you play some games on here, or go read a book, or take a short walk, call a friend.......you will be fine. Smoking can cause angina type pain/heartburn etc, and sometimes make swallowing difficult as it inhibits the normal production of saliva. Dont google!! x hope you feel better soon xx

I appreciate the note but my pain is quite high and I am very scared. I am worried that this a tumor or an infection or something that is fatal.

J2 don't ever ever google,

This is what happens, it feeds all the insecurities, amplifies the symptoms, paula is right distraction helps.
    Take your mind off the symptoms, it will pass

Lynnann

Thanks for the notes but this is real pain in my lower esophagus. I can't make it stop. It seems to be getting worse and I am very scared. The question is whether this is deadly or not. Please let me know your thoughts.

You asked this question yesterday and i answered it and so did other people but you didnt respond to us.

Hi
    Over here we can consult a pharmacist on medical problems is that an option for you at all? They may recognise the symptoms and be able to recommend something.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I don't think a pharmacist over here does much more than fill prescriptions but I could be wrong.

Bailey, sorry if I offended you by posting twice. I never want to offend anyone and sometimes I get a little too self centered when I am in full anxiety mode. Again, sorry if I offended you.

thanks to everyone and hopefully this will go away soon as it is sitll not getting any better.

Quote Originally Posted by j2 View Post

Bailey, sorry if I offended you by posting twice. I never want to offend anyone and sometimes I get a little too self centered when I am in full anxiety mode. Again, sorry if I offended you.

thanks to everyone and hopefully this will go away soon as it is sitll not getting any better.
    You didnt offend me at all, i just didnt know if you had read the replies.I was just trying to put your mind at ease by saying that i suffer from this too. My pain is bad at the moment but i know im aggravating it, too much wine

Thread Information