Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this worth carrying on with?

is this worth carrying on with?

Hi

Some advice Would be appreciated on this please

I have been taking sert 50mg for just over 4 weeks.I have had all the usual side effects which I have just got on with.
    about a week ago I thought I was starting to feel a bit better but over the last few days I have been feeling very strange mentally. I have lost my focus and my get up and go.also my mind feels like it does not belong to me.
    I had an awful day at work yesterday and Do not want to feel like this.
    having anxiety felt better than this.
    is this norma?
    Should I stop or give it a few more weeks?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy.

Re: is this worth carrying on with?

Hi,
    You need to stick with it for a bit longer, I had a few ups and downs at the start but felt way better after about six weeks, it has dropped off a bit recently and I've been getting anxiety etc so my doctor has just put me up to 100mg, so give it a bit more of a chance. When has your doctor asked you to go back for a check up?

the doctor said he would like to see me in 2 weeks.I was there on Tuesday and he prescribed another months worth.
    I am feeling sightly better today.still along way off normal but better.
    its a start.

My advise is to hang on in there - i had a nasty blip at 4 weeks and thought I would need to up the dose. Mr GP suggested carrying on for a bit longer before we made a decision and she was right.
    It CAN taek a good 8 weeks to feel the full effects.

I would persevere if you can - i feel like a different person.

Good luckxx

thanks for the encouragement.
    its not so nice feeling so odd but im sure it will pass.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day again.

between 4 and 6 weeks I was unsure whether I had done the right thing taking the Sertraline. I agree there are some odd feelings but that kind of goes with meds.

fingers crossed it gets better for u xx

The first four weeks are not nice but this four to six week period is not nice at all.
    one day you feel as though your getting there the next you feel awful again with no motivation.
    I really do hope I am coming to the end of feeling like this and the tablets kick in.

Thanks so much for your responses it has given me a litte more focus to carry on for a few more weeks.

i am at my 6 week point tomorrow and I too had the 4-6 week strangeness...
    One day i felt good then the next it was like bang! no motivation..horrible feelings..and couldnt even get out of bed i felt like a had a ten tonne weight on me. I also had the thoughts of wondering whether or not I had done the right thing taking them but I'm a going to stick with them and hopefully they get me back on track.

Hope you are doing well too!

that feeling of feeling wierd has not passed for me as yet. i am on weeks 6-7 now.
    i have had days where i thought hey im feeling a bit better today but still dont feel right.
    after having a chat with the doctor last week he recomended that i carry on with the medication as the signs of feeling better were there but not fully coming out. he said it could take up to 3 months for the medication to fully kick in.
    my mood is the best it has been for years though but the anxiety is still there. the non clarity and struggling to think clearly are driving me mad also not being able to read without the words going blurred is driving me nuts.
    i am carring on hopefully with a little light at the end of the tunnel.

good luck to you. you are not far behind me. i would love to know how your getting on also.

andy

Hello good to hear your starting to feel a bit better im starting to get good bit not all day hopefully soon i know what you mean about not thinking clear thats driving me nuts hope you keep getting better and have a good christmas take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information