Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin - Sexual Side Effects

Re: Pregabalin - Sexual Side Effects

I cant see anything in the Uncommon Side Effects that suggest any sexual side effects, I've already commented on the decrease in sex drive which I have had, and I cant comment on the impotence because I'm not equipped for that!

The dcrease in sex drive was a problem at first, it does get better though but that did take a while, but when it finally settled, it really settled!
    If you are worried about the side effects though you really need to be telling your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfry1973 View Post
    I cant see anything in the Uncommon Side Effects that suggest any sexual side effects...
    Hi Belfry,

Perhaps you have a different Package Leaflet but I would have thought that unlikely. In my copy of this leaflet, the second bullet point in 'Uncommon side-effects' includes several side-effects, the last two of which are of a sexual nature.

I fully intend to speak with my GP about this next week. I suspect that my GP will not be able to answer the questions I have posed in the first post of this thread, which is why I chose to put the question to end-users.

In the final analysis, it's a balancing act. I will tolerate some side-effects if the pregabalin is helping my anxiety but I haven't reached that stage yet.

All the best!

keval

Hi Folks,

Well I guess I've been a little slow to realize that I'm one of very few males currently active on this pregabalin forum. Had I cottoned on originally, there would have been little point in starting this thread.

What can I say? I'm embarrassed.

Put it down to the fact that I'm new around here!

keval

Quote Originally Posted by keval View Post
    Hi Folks,

I appreciate that this is a delicate subject to approach and I do so with a degree of trepidation. But I feel that it is an important topic and that's why I have taken the plunge.

Pregabalin is known to have some common sexual side effects (SEs) according to, for example:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100005038.html

I myself am currently experiencing sexual SEs having been taking pregabalin for just 15 days. I will refrain from going into any detail here but would be happy to enter into a private discussion using the PM system, if appropriate. At the moment, what I'd like to know is:

[1] Do these sexual SEs subside with the passage of time?

[2] If, for whatever reason, I withdraw from taking pregabalin, do the sexual SEs disappear? I would certainly hope so!

Other people may want to add to this list - please feel free to do so.

keval

Hi,

As you know with Lyrica orgasm are difficult to achieve, in some cases I used to push myself for hours to attain climax.

I had been taking lyrica for a year and i stopped 2 weeks ago. I am a 30 yrs old male.

Problem: since i stopped taking lyrica, i started feeling some of the withdawel side effects such as: dizziness, drouziness, anxiaety, trouble breathing. ESPECIALLY AFTER HAVING AN ORGASM.(if i do not have an orgasm for a while all withdrawal effects cool down)

this is very annoying and i am seeking help!
    thanks,
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Mac09 View Post
    Hi,

As you know with Lyrica orgasm are difficult to achieve, in some cases I used to push myself for hours to attain climax.

I had been taking lyrica for a year and i stopped 2 weeks ago. I am a 30 yrs old male.

Problem: since i stopped taking lyrica, i started feeling some of the withdawel side effects such as: dizziness, drouziness, anxiaety, trouble breathing. ESPECIALLY AFTER HAVING AN ORGASM.(if i do not have an orgasm for a while all withdrawal effects cool down)

this is very annoying and i am seeking help!
    thanks,
    Mac
    Hello Mac,

Many thanks for the useful feedback.

Do you mind my asking what dose of Lyrica you were taking?

You say that you stopped taking Lyrica 2 weeks ago and have experienced withdrawal side effects since doing so. Did you gradually taper off the Lyrica over the 2 week period?

Once again, more questions, which I hope you don't mind answering. Why did you decide to stop taking Lyrica? Were you taking it for anxiety?

I apologize for bombarding you with all these questions but your experiences are certainly of interest to me and probably will be of interest to others - now or in the future.

Thanks in advance.

keval

Quote Originally Posted by keval View Post
    Hi Folks,

I appreciate that this is a delicate subject to approach and I do so with a degree of trepidation. But I feel that it is an important topic and that's why I have taken the plunge.

Pregabalin is known to have some common sexual side effects (SEs) according to, for example:

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100005038.html

I myself am currently experiencing sexual SEs having been taking pregabalin for just 15 days. I will refrain from going into any detail here but would be happy to enter into a private discussion using the PM system, if appropriate. At the moment, what I'd like to know is:

[1] Do these sexual SEs subside with the passage of time?

[2] If, for whatever reason, I withdraw from taking pregabalin, do the sexual SEs disappear? I would certainly hope so!

Other people may want to add to this list - please feel free to do so.

keval

HI what does SE's and PM mean no one will be offened is all to do withe the condition and would help me as im confused and experiencing increase in sex drive. Does anyone else have this?x

Side-effects and personal message Is the increased sex-drive a problem I wonder? My sex-drive disappeared before I started taking the ad's... due to the extreme anxiety and exhaustion I suffer with I think :(

It happens to us women too so don't feel embarrassed... the side effects of those drugs do effect more people than you ...

Hi. My partner has been on pregabilin for about 2 months aling with mirtazipine. I am on Duloxetine. We both suffer from anxiety and depression and are in our 50's. I have not had any sex drive for the last two years until starting Duloxetine. My partner's was normal until he started pregabilin. What I think Keval in talking about is impotence but he is too shy to say. This has been affecting my partner recently and he finds it wuite dietressing although I have assured him that there is no problem as far as I am concerned. I suspect most women would not feel too worried if their partner is impotent except that if affects a man's self image so much and that is a major problem for someone who is taking these sort of medications as we already have little self esteem. Has anyone found any solutions to the problem of impotence?

You may notice I deliberately chose a humorous sign in name as this seems to be the best way of dealing with such a delicate issue.
    Last edited by Balsawood; 11-09-12 at 12:51. Reason: spealling and additional comment

Hi. I am on Lyrica for a few weeks now and I seem to have no sexual urge or desire at all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information