Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sleep!!!

Hi everyone

Nic-i find that if i snore or sleep walk its normally when im at my most tiredest. Also i believe dreams aree determined as to what you have on your mind at the time, what you have been thinking about fairly recently or something that is troubling you.

At the moment i have been having a lot of trouble sleeping, it seems that when i go to bed my mind begins to race-brilliant if you need an essay writing but not so good if in need of sleep-the other night i wrote a speech on Evolution in my head!!! I also get a strange sensation come over part of my body like my arms, i feel as though i am wading through water when i have my eyes closed, i can 'see' some one on a bank with a big smile on their face i am trying to get further out in this water but all the time the bank and this sincere smile are getting closer within arms distance. My whole body feels really heavy as though it is being pulled down in the water, has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I am trying to overcome my sleep probs without taking any meds, and have thought about vit B but have heard that it isnt a good idea, also i have thought about sleeping pills but really dont want to do this. At the moment i have a lamp that i find helps relax me as i find the dark intimadting, if you get what i mean, im not scared OF it just what COULD be in it

However i find that warm milk does help but recently i have also found that lying on my side with my hands out in fromt of me on the pillow helkps. I lie down close my eyes with my fingertips touching each other, when i feel my pulse in one pair of fingertips i concentrate on the other ones that i cant feel it in. Afeter a minute i can feel it in all of them and try and keep it there, by counting in my head how many times i feel it. When i get to about 30 i find that i stop counting and i begin to drift off to sleep.

Not sure if it will work for anyone else but it has worked consecutively for me, we all have are own rituals...lol

Sam[8D]

Positive thinking is the key to success!

Dear Sam,

Vitamin B is great for supporting your nervous system but taken at night it can cause excess energy leading to insomnia !

Your routine sounds great. Routines are very calming and are the start of the wind down to sleep.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

meg: where do ya get vitB from

jade

Hi Meg, thanks i wondered what vit B was for, i agree about routines

Sam

Positive thinking is the key to success!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information