Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleep!!!

Hi Nic,

As you mentioned it yesterday .....

Your Waitrose in Cambridge is on the list for stocking it so perhaps Alex could pick you some up !

According to Emilys link , it's just Waitrose that stocks it.

Mum reports the Waitrose in Chichester gets through loads- she asked the check out girl about it.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks Meg - will get Alex to take a detour one day just to get me some :-)

Nicola

Hi

I have tried that milk but have to say it did not do anything for me.
    I'm a dreadfull sleeper i suppose i was hoping for a mircule.
    Still there's no harm in trying it. That was my idea anyway. Its alot more expensive than the usual milk too. I also had to put up with my fella laughing at me as we do not usual shop at Waitrose its to expensive he thought i'd lost it nothing new there then i lost it years ago.

Take care
    Pauline

pjpriest

I am resurrecting this post cos I had some Valerian sleep tablets last night and they gave me horrid dreams.

I have been taking them for about 2 weeks and I took them all last week (when I was away) and had some lovely ones but last night I had dreams of being stalked and it was really scary.

Does anyone know why a herbal drug can be so different one week from the other?

I am not going to stop taking them but there must be a reason why the dreams change so suddenly.

Any ideas anyone?

Nicola

hi Nicola,
    I tried herbal tablets from the chemist they were green and smelled awful,(can't remember the name).
    What I find helps me sleep sometimes!!!!!!!
    Eating cheese while drinking warm milk, I know cheese is meant to give you nightmares, but it works for me and it works for my Auntie who suffers from pa's as well.
    Worth a try
    Hugs
    Donna

Hi Donna

Thanks for the reply and the advice.

I do love milk and I usually drink some before going to bed. As for the cheese - not good for my diet - lol.

I will stick with them but I need to read up on Valerian to see what it does

Nicola

Ok I have the cure for no sleep.

I am really really busy at work at the moment and a little stressed and guess what I am now feeling more tired at night and sleeping through till 6am!! I am also falling asleep whereas before I needed to play the relaxation tape many times. Not had to use it for weeks now cos I go to bed and I am asleep. Apparently I am snoring quite a lot as well - lol.

So, my theory is this. When I was stress-free at work and bored, my mind wasn't very active and the job was a bit boring. Now I have loads to do and a bit of stress, my mind is very active but unusually it is helping me sleep better. What a strange result eh?

Nicola

from Blossom. I was taking Citalopram for 5 months, but they did not work for me, so went to see the new doctor last friday as I was bad, and he prescribed me Escitalopram, Can radar tell me or anyone on the site tell me if they are the same tablet, as I read the patent for citalopram ran out, and they have brought this one in its place, I am wondering if it is the same drug, have phoned different Pharmacies and they say they are a newer version of the Citalopram, and that they are a purer drug, the side effects are the same, but I have only been on them a week. The new doctor started me on a 10mg which is equiviant to 20mgs of the Citalopram, cant sleep at night, as I take them in the morning as instructed, but find its hard to wake in the mornings after taking the pill, I phoned the new sugery, and the doctor on duty not my own told me to cut them to 5mgs for a week and then step up to 10mgs, is anyone on them, another name they have is Cipralex. Thankyou
    from Blossom

Blossom

I've answered this on a previous post . Think it was under meds - do they work .

Meg

if ya go to boots there are some remedies for snoring etc there is one that helps ya sleep

jade

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information