Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving house.

moving house.

hi everyone i have'nt posted on here for a while as iv been doing o.k but we put our house up for sale in september and sold it in 4 weeks although we put it up for less than its worth for a quick sale.we found a house we liked fairly quickly and now we are due to move on wednesday.the past couple of days iv started to feel very anxious and panicky worried i won't like living there(its a small village several miles from where i live at the moment)and wont be able to settle and the packing has been horrendous and iv got the unpacking at the other end to look foward to has any one else been through this and how did they cope im worried i will go to pieces when iv moved
    magic girl xxx

Re: moving house.

Hello Magic Girl,

I moved house about 3 months ago, and your right, the packing is horrendous, it never seems to get anywhere or feel like your making progress.
    I had to get my mum to come and help so if you can get as many people as you can helping you to pack that is a good idea.
    If you havent already, on each box, write everything that is in the box and which room you would like it to go at the new house, so when you get moved in you will have all the items in the correct rooms, that way it's alot easier to unpack because you are in one room rather than flying round your house like a blue arsed fly trying to find everything!
    On the moving day, make sure you get the proffessionals in, dont try to move yourself, we did that once and it was a complete nightmare, so last time we moved it was bliss, we just watched the removal men do all the hard work while we could relax and get excited about moving.

When you ring to enquire, make sure you get removals that will put all the boxes in the correct rooms, rather than just plonk them in one room and let you do all the hard work.

I was very anxious about going, so i kept a comfor box that was to stay we me, and we took it in our car instead of it going in the lorry. I had all my comfort things in there, dvd player, magazines, puzzle books, rescue remedy, drinks, anything i might need to eat.

Have a think about where you'd feel more comforatable. Would you feel better if you were at your old (current) home wheile the removals came and emptied it, or would you rather be at the new one and wait for them (if you have those options).
    Myself and my partner stayed at the old one, while my mum waited at the new house, incase we were held up.
    Then we followed the lorry to the new house too.
    But it was nice knowing that we had family here to help us unpack.

You will settle in because you will have evrything with you that makes a house a home

moving house is one of the most stressful experiences....i moved in the summer..it was awful as we had to find a rented house quick as we sold our house..dates got mixed up and ended up hiring a van...we moved ourselves (not reccomended) and had to rush out as the new peeps moved in...i would defo reccomend removal company....you'l be fine once its over though..just need to re-settle urself....

we are moving again in the spring----dreading it!

Hi
    When we moved (a few years ago) we numbered the boxes and at the new house put numbers on the doors of each room so the removal men knew where to put things. Choosing the right removal company is vitally important in my opinion it really makes no end of difference. The comfort box thing is a must, this was recommended to us and I didn’t have anxiety then – an absolute god send.

My wife tells me we are moving next year cant wait.

thanks guys i knew i would feel a bit better coming on here,the writing on boxes to say whats in them a good idea but a bit late for us as most of the packing is done as hubby did most of it as i was struggling to cope.we have hired a removals company as loads of people told us there horror stories of moving themselves,iv got a few essentiels i will be keeping with me on the day and my mum has took the day off work to help us which is good as she is my rock,my little boy(or not so little as he's 9)is a mix of worried and exited as this is the only house he has lived in since he was born,he also has aspergers and a.d.h.d which makes any sort of change difficult for him.im still really anxious and its affecting my sleep but i will see how it goes on wednesday and i know iv got everyone on here if i need them and i will let you know how the move day goes,thanks again guys
    magic girl xxx

hi everyone i finally moved on the 8th december and it was awful i never want to go through that again EVER,the night before i could'nt sleep ans the next morning i could'nt eat and i had the shakes.i dont know how i got my son to school and my hubby sent me to my mums while the removals men loaded the lorry which they did very quickly about 2hrs.i had to go back to sort out my sons tropical fish as they needed to go on last and be first off at the other end.i still could'nt eat by midday but drank a bit of tea and the hubby rang and told me to take the keys to the estate agents as our buyers were ready to move in so hubby headed to new house followed buy the removels lorry.a couple of hours later jon rang my mum and said we need to collect the keys for the new house and then we headed there ourselves.when we got there i could have sobbed it was nearly 4 oclock and the other people were still packing and our removals said they would have to leave at 5 and bring our stuff back tomorrow and to top that off our cat who we have had for 14 yrs since he was a kitten managed to escape from his carrier and had run off to god knows where.my hubby decided to start unloading the lorry himself while me my mum and son had to stand in the freezing cold waiting,the removels men started to help but our stuff had to be put where ever there was space to put them.after a lot of fannying about we finally got everything in and had something to eat(i still could'nt swallow)and then fell into bed i could'nt sleep and my anxiety was really bad and i did;nt know where my diazapam was and to add to it bt informed us that they could'nt connect us for 10 days as previous owner had'nt cancelled his account so no landline and no internet.i kept my son of school for the next 2 days as i could'nt face taking him and also we could;nt find the cat and because my sons fish tank had been unplugged for to long on the day of the move some of them died and he was very upset.to add insult to injury curry's failed to deliver our fridge freezer the next day and we had to wait another 2 days with no fridge freezer so im not a happy bunny im sorry iv ranted but i needed to get it out of my system as iv had no phone or internet i need to vent.
    love magic girl xxx

Hi Magic girl,

Glad to hear you have moved, sorry that it was an awful time, and very stressful. Glad it is all over for you, that is the moving done with. and it's good to have a good rant. though it was very stressfull you did very well, Well done

it may not seem like it, however you have, you managed to get through the day. that takes a lot of strength and courage. now you can take your time and sort things out. I hope everything starts to go well for you. hope you feel better soon.

sending you hugs

love

Yvonne

thanks yvonne i made myself go out every day to stop myself sinking deeper and deeper even if just to get some milk or walk the dog,i feel much better this week than i did last week i just need to get some oil delivered for the heating as the last owner did'nt leave much and the local supplier can't deliver any until after the 27th so its absolutly freezing as i can only have the heating on for a few hours in the morning and a few at night
    magic girl xxx

Hi, I just wondered if you have found your cat? Recently I was getting some renovations done and several workmen were in my house, I thought I had lost my cat as I thought she had ran past the workmen and had got out, but, fortunately, she was in here hiding after all!! did you get yours back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information