Thread: hello everybody need a lil help

hello everybody need a lil help

Hi everyone,

My names ricky I'm 21 years old I live with my partner and have a 6 month old daughter and have had anxiety for about 7 months now and the reason I need the help now as it is tearing my life apart :(.. I used to be a someone that loved meeting people, going new places, being the loudest but now it is a very different story....

it all started with me having a car accident and losing my job all this with my daughter to be born in a month tipped me over the edge, then all the anxiety symptons began, nausea, heart and mind going at 100mph, I couldn't even go out of the house bymyself , sleepness nights and I'm sure uno the rest...

I went to the docs he examined me and told me I have anxiety and suggested I see a counciler, so I'm currently in counciling which is good because I have someone that understand the state of mind I'm in without thinking I'm mad, even tho I'm seeing a counciler its not rele helping with the physical symptons so I asked my doctor if I could have anything else to help me surpress the symptons but he told me that he doesn't want to give me anything as it doesn't make it go away, but I feel i rele need something to help so I can continue normal life like working and even going out shopping.

Now I don't know rele what to do should I go to another doctor to get a second opinion? Also any advise on getting over this would help so much like relaxation and calming techniques thanks to all that reply or read this

Ricky

Hi ricky88

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: hello everybody need a lil help

I guess you could try antidepressants, sometimes they can work but it can be hard finding the right one, some can make your anxiety worse and some are very hard to come off of.
    I wouldn't suggest sedatives as they are highly addictive and are more suited for uses such as needing to go to a dentist, or fly , once off kinda things.
    CBT can help too.
    the more you work on your mind, the better your physical symptoms should get.

Re: hello everybody need a lil help

Ricky! My sister and I suffer from anxiety attacks. Her ones are more frequent and mine are when stress get too much. I sympathise alot with you and you sound like you have had a lot of things building up in your life some good and bad but with everything there is always a stress.

You could go on A/D's but I see mine as only a temporary measure, I need to sort my head out (counselling) the medication will help supress feelings but its not helping with the root of the problem.

Look at the articles on this website, I found it a great help.

Keep in touch

Thread Information