Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed doses

Missed doses

Last week i got stranded so i couldn't take my Cipralex pills last Tuesday and Wednesday, Also I was laid up on Friday and Saturday with a very heavy cold and I slept alot so I forgot to take my pills on Friday and Saturday as well, So I missed 4 days last week, Would that make me feel really Ill?

Re: Missed doses

I wish you had said this in your other thread ,Yes this will make you feel ill .You musnt forget to take them .They arent smarties .It will take a period of readjustment .Try not to let this happen you need to be taking these every day to ensure levels are kept stable .Or you get withdrwals ..t/c Hope you feel better soon .sue

I'm not taking cipralex but I am on other meds. I take them every night or risk withdrawal type symptoms such as the shakes, nausea, headaches, tearfulness. I suggest that you go to see your GP Eggy as he might be able to give you something to lessen your symptoms? You have effectively gone 'cold turkey' from your meds which could be extremely unpleasant. EJ.

I agree with EJ, and having a really heavy cold is going to make you feel terrible on its own. Get well soon

Have replied to the other threads

Take care
    Anna xx

All his too -ing and fro-ing between threads is making me dizzy . .Drink plenty of fluids and take some paracetamol for your cold Eggy .The side effects will ease off ,just try to relax or the anxiety will get worse .Try to get some good quality sleep and eat small ammounts of food often If you dont feel any better tommorow the Dr could give you some Diazapan but these could make you feel more sick and dizzy .Theres not much you can do except wait until the drug starts to stabilise .Dont go out if you feel unwell or uneasy on your feet ,You could fall and hurt yourself .Im sure you will feel a lot better in a few days .Look after yourself T/c Sue x

I missed 1 dose and felt like death whilst on citalopram. In fact I had to go home from university because I was feeling so rough, so god only knows what missing 4 will do to you. You have to take them daily and at around the same time otherwise you will start to withdraw from them and then feel like death.

I didn't miss 4 in a row, I missed a dose on Tuesday and Wednesday due to being stranded due to snow, I took one Thursday but missed Fridays and Saturdays due to being laid up and asleep a lot as I had a cold and it just skipped my mind.

Eggy you might not have missed 4 in a row, but there was only one day of taking it in between so your system still could've been a bit messed up by not taking them on the two days either side of this.

Anna x
    Last edited by Going home; 08-12-10 at 23:29.

I was taking meds a while back to correctt my hormones - and kept missing them randomly. Felt awful, gp said to imagine the level of medicine on a graph - you are going up, down, steady, down, up, down etc - its no wonder you feel the way you do!
    - What you fear in your head is not always true -
    I may take some time to reply to PMs/Messages but I will do it eventually, promise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information