Thread: really need advice 29 weeks pregnant

really need advice 29 weeks pregnant

I have been having severe anxiety constantly for the past 16 days now,i have been to my doctor on several occasions and have been perscribed a low dose of fluoxetine.Ihave now been taking these for 2 weeks and am still really bad,i went back to my doctor today who advised me to take 5mg of diazepam 3 times a day for the next 14 days untill the fluoxetine really start to kick in.
    i am so scared about taking these as i am now 29 weeks pregnant,i have been assured by my midwife and doctor that it is ok to take as long as i stop taking the diazepam before 4 weeks before the birth,i am just so worried as i cant function,sleep or eat at the moment and i have two other children to care for(luckily my partner his here to help)though i know that i need to be better for them i am so worried about any effects on my baby,i would really appreciate some advice,or if anyone is in a similar situation
    thanks

Re: really need advice 29 weeks pregnant

I am 28 weeks and have had anxiety all the way through. I had a set back last week and went to my GP and she gave me 5mg diazepamn for emergencies. I haven't needed to take one yet, but she didn't have any concern about prescribing them to me. So I don't think you need to worry. If i need to take them I am going to. It is more dangerous for you to be stressed at this point than to take a drug which millions of pregnant women have taken.

Re: really need advice 29 weeks pregnant

Thankyou,it makes me feel alot better to know that other people have been given it too,just makes me feel so guilty to take it though i know that doctors wouldnt give them out if they werent ok to take,i am just so desperate at the moment to start feeling normal again,for some reason i am alot better when i am on my own,when i am with anyone i just get such a bad panic that i have to go and be by myself,though i am going to start to make myself not do that as i dont think that it is helping being on my own all the time,thanks again for your message.

Thread Information