Thread: Normal?

Normal?

Hey People,

I was just wondering if this was normal with anxiety.

Well today when i got dropped off in the car i walked to my school which is about 30 metres away from my car.

When i got there i was so out of breath or felt out of breath. I was obsessing about my breathing like everyday when i woke up but it felt weird. Then when i went indoors i felt it again and had to make a few deep breaths to make me feel better!?

The thing is though, Today in DT i was painting my project and i didnt think NOTHING of it for the sides i was doing and even when i went to clean my brushes i didnt think of it. I only started when i went out at break.

Surely this cannot be anything serious? Because i know im not thinking when i did it.

Also i did this subconciously but i think about it consciously later (if this makes sense) i know that i can always feel the air in my lungs when im not thinking about breathing. Like im constantly breathing which is a very good thing because i know my body is doing it by myself.

Im going to doctors tomorrow, hopefully he will say its anxiety.

*p.s* Is there anything i can do to stop thinking of breathing!!?

Ive tried the abdominal breathing, ive tried the 9/11 ( i think that is only for if you feel out of breath?). Nothing is working

Right now i feel like something is very wrong with me because im thinking about it.

Sorry for the essay.

Thanks

-Jono

makes sense to me, im like that often!!!!!

I reakon that's what kick-started my anxiety when I was 10.

I was reading books about the lungs and breathing and started to concentrate on it. I then had a panic attack and voila... anxiety.

There's nothing wrong with you and yes, it's anxiety.

Maybe you'll be watching TV and then when you break your concentration, the thought of thinking about breathing will pop into your head and you'll realise...

"Wow! I was watching TV and not thinking about breathing, yet I was breathing perfectly fine!"

Breathing is automatic... all you are doing is paying extra special attention to it.

It's amazing what we can bring on just by thinking about it. If I just think about my heart beating irregularly; it'll do it almost immediately 95% of the time. Our mind and body are amazing things and if you read "self help for your nerves" by Claire Weekes she explains about our nervous system and how our emotions etc are tied up to our lungs, stomach, heart etc. I promise you when I read that it made things a lot clearer!

Shiv x

Thread Information